S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Patlin

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Well then." Rasereit harumphs. "'Tis a bit... vague, isn' it?"

"You think so? It seems straightforward to me. Find Trimble, ask him about the Lost Temple of Jareth, then go there. Maybe I'm oversimplifying."

Manzanita

First Post
"Well, I agree, Banion, my boy. Do you think you can find this Trimble, then?" Poto snaps his finger and a spark appears. He applies this to the parchement, and allows it to burn. "Top secret this." he says quietly, and starts as a sudden motion stirs the straw near his feet. Ogrin stabs down with his sword, but it only a rat, which scampers out a small hole in the wall.

"Well. If you're all up for it, I'd say this mission is in good hands." Says Poto, letting the ashes drop to the floor, and stomping them under his boots. "So, do you need me to come with you? I do have some nice spells, but I'm getting old, and I've got a shop to run. Hard to get quality help these days, you know?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Silverwood's a big place, mate. Ah lived there a few years, Ah know. And 'what we need'? Who's t'say what that is?!"

When Ogrin stabs at the rat, Razh protest, "Ah, let 'im go, 'e's just lookin' for means t'get by, jus' like the rest of us, eh?"

And when Poto asks whether he should come along, Rasereit chimes in, "Sure Ah want ye, Poto. 'Tis always better to have a wizard on your side than against ye. Ah'm sure ye still got it in ye. Me fifth Da, 'e was a ripe ol' 303 when 'e went, an' 'e went in glorious battle he did. Er, not that Ah'm sayin' you'll go that way, if ye come wit' us, Ah mean... eh..."

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Is Eusebius willing to cast a Zone of Truth spell to make sure Poto is what he seems to be? Beamer would broach the topic with Poto at this point, but I don't think Boddynock has chimed in with what Eusebius thinks of asking him.

Boddynock

First Post
"Hyrag cherishes trueness of heart - and expects that to be reflected in truth in speech. I can pray for such a boon on the morrow. I hope that would be acceptable to all here."

Manzanita

First Post
Poto smiles at Rasereit, though the dwarf was hardly reassuring.

"Do you know what to do and where to go? Anything else you need to do before leaving town? I suggest maximum haste in this matter."

He turns his head & scratches his neck. "If I were to go, I'd need to spend some time preparing the shop..." He glances sideways at the group.

Any more comments? What's the plan? I'll allow Eusebius to post his spells for the day now. He would have had time to prepare the ones he wanted to interogate Poto Knezer &/or Torvin Arkenthrasher the night before. Anyone else want to encourage or discourage Poto from coming with you?

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
Do we have any directions on which road to take to find Trimble?

The note Poto showed the group gave no directions. The party originally heard of Trimble from Reinert the dwarven merchant whom they met in Rivensblight. He was heading to Trimble's place when the group left him at the small stockaid one days ride north of Rivensblight.

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, if we feel lucky we could go back to the stockade and head into the Silverwood from there. Less lucky, we could try to look up Reinert and hope that he didn't get eaten by anything in the Silverwood on his last trip."

SlagMortar

First Post
"Thank you for all your help, Mr. Poto. Ah, just one more small thing. We seem to have grown a habit of late to running afoul of things that are not as they seem, and people who are acting under compulsions through no fault of their own. Father Eusebius here is a true devotee of the Shining One, and has been blessed with powers to aid in this fight against evil. For your protection and our own, would you be willing to allow Father Eusebius to place a spell of truth in this place? It is only for fear of compulsory or form shifting magicks that I would make such an inhospitable request. I would ask only that you pronounce this sentence, 'I, Poto Knezar, am speaking and acting with the best intentions of ridding the world of this evil weapon of Seto, and Seto or his followers from acquiring the weapon.'"

Beamer can't decide whether he wants Poto to come along so chooses not to make an argument either way. Asking Poto to submit to the spell may have already made that decision for him.

Remove ads