S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Manzanita

First Post
Boddynock said:
The monk says seriously, "Torvin, what is so important about this weapon? Why must it be destroyed?"

His nose seems to twitch nervously, and he takes another bite of cheese, washing it down with something in a flask which smells like wine.

"I am Torvin Arkenthrasher, Paladin of Hyrag. I believe you have taken a dangerous weapon from that storage complex of the Curved Blades. That weapon must be destroyed. You ask me for information, but you will not confirm my suspicions. Show me the weapon you have taken. I must verify that you have it, and that we have not left it there for the next wave of cultists and orcs to seize. If you show me the weapon, I will tell you of its history. If you do not have it, then we should not leave until we do."

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius stand tall and stares into Torvin's eyes.

"And I am Eusebius, Priest and Monk of the Shining One, and I tell you that I believe that you are obsessed with this weapon, and not merely with its destruction. What is it, that it should hold such sway over you? By your devotion to the Light, I charge you - speak on this matter!"

Manzanita

First Post
The man claiming to be Torvin sighs. "I believe you Eusebius. I believe that you serve the shining one. Very well. I am too tired to argue. As you may know, the curved blades have warred with the forces of the diety Seto for hundreds of years. Seto himself was once a man, who was tortured and hunted by the Blades. After he ascended to divinity, the war only escalated."

"It is said that the blades found the tomb of the mortal Seto, and took from it the last possetions of the man. These, particularly his weapon, were of great symbolic importance to his followers. The blades, not wanting to risk having these items fall into the hands of Seto's church, brought them far from the burning tower and hid them in other parts of the earth. Here, in fact. The Curved Blades, having brokered pacts with the orcs of the Northern Mountains, made this the mauseleum of Seto's Scythe, in the days when the orcs controlled this area of the world. When the elves of the Vastermarch retook the area, this complex stayed buried, and undiscovered."

"I heard word of Seto's servents in this area. I fought with them, killing many. In their death throes, I learned of their quest, and decided to undertake my own. I didn't want word to get out further, to either the Curved Blades of the church of Seto, so I acted on my own, secretly, to find this place. Find it I did, with the help of my friend Aif Jenkins, and the men we employed. But somehow...I know not how...The Curved Blades have also found this place, and engineered an assault. An assault which would have been successful if not for you."

"I believe the scythe can only be destroyed in very few ways."
He finishes his cheese and takes another swig of wine. He looks around to make sure he can see no one else.

"I believe there is a huge silver dragon in the Silverwoods. It is from this Dragon that the woods have taken their name. In the maw of this beast can the scythe be destroyed. I would find this dragon, and feed him this evil weapon. I believe this weapon to be alive, forever warped by the touch of its old master, containing some small essense of his being. I would see it again, but it should not be touched."

Boddynock

First Post
"My friends, is he telling the truth?"

[sblock=OOC]Sense Motive +3. Would people care to make their own checks? And, seeing as we have this mental link, is it possible for a number of people to aid Eusebius in his check?[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
"Tis a tall tale, but what of this Aif Jenkins? He disapeared when trouble started, and leads a group of nearly blind followers."

SlagMortar

First Post
I worry that he is under some kind of compulsion. I could check him for active spells.

Beamer lends any suspicions he has over the mindlink.

OOC: Sense Motive +0

Manzanita

First Post
"Blind?" asks Torvin. "Jenkins' followers were not blind. As to Jenkins himself....I cannot find him now. Either he has been killed, or has fled. We should be off ourselves. More orcs or Curved Blades could come at any time."

OOC: Eusebius figures Torvin's telling the truth, though Beamer is not so sure.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Sir, I believe you are doing your best to tell the truth, but I would like to check you for magical compulsions before we go. It will only take a moment. May I have your permission to do so?"

If Torvin gives Beamer permission, he will cast Detect Magic and concentrate on the paladin until he can determine as much detail as possible.

Remove ads