S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Bront

The man with the probe
'He has a plan at least, and given what was said of the weapon, it sounds like a plan."

"How do you plan on destroying it?"

Manzanita

First Post
Bront said:
"How do you plan on destroying it?"

Torvin eyes Juliana long and hard. Then he says, "You do have it don't you. You have it and you don't trust me. Don't want to give it to me. You fools! Give to to me NOW!" He shouts. He staggers towards Juliana, but seems much to feeble to be able to enforce his demand.

Patlin

Explorer
Banion remains hidden, mindblade at the ready. The Paladin probably isn't a direct threat, but you never know... maybe he's inhabitted by a demon or something.

Manzanita

First Post
A side note on treasure. I don't know that we ever defined it all. From Mano, the group took boots, an amulet, and a pearl that were magical. Eusebius put on the boots and has been wearing them. At this point, he can tell that they give him enhanced speed and jumping ability. For his player, I'll say that they're Boots of Striding and Springing.

From the Emerald Empress, the group found a magical ring, a magical tan bag from which she had pulled the lion (um...guess what that is :uhoh: ), and a non-magical MW curved dagger.

The grey featureless corpse wore chainmail, and had a non-magical MW longsword, which Torvin currently holds.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer tenses, hoping the paladin's weakness is not a feint to throw them off guard.

He inquires of Eusebius over the mindlink, Would the orc and cultist attacks explain his lack of reporting, or was had it start longer ago? What he says is consistent with the magic I detected from the scythe, but I don't trust him.

Beamer says out loud in calm tones, "Sir, you are in no condition to attend to destroying this item alone. To ensure success, you will need our help. Tell us more about it."

Bront

The man with the probe
Manzanita said:
Torvin eyes Juliana long and hard. Then he says, "You do have it don't you. You have it and you don't trust me. Don't want to give it to me. You fools! Give to to me NOW!" He shouts. He staggers towards Juliana, but seems much to feeble to be able to enforce his demand.
Juliana holds him off. "I carry no weapon I have not made myself. I simply wondered how you planned to distroy it, particularly in your current condition. What happened to your gear?"

Manzanita

First Post
Torvin glares at the group suspiciously. "There are ways to destroy the weapon, I think. I know of a site in the Silverwoods. It's worth a try. But only if I have the weapon."

"I need to find my gear. It may be out in the barn where I left my wagon."

He staggers out into the light, holding his sword and looking around warily for orcs.

Boddynock

First Post
Eusebius steps forward, ready to intercept the paladin but Juliana's response turns him away.

"That was interesting. Do you think he seemed a little ... obsessed ... with the weapon? Beamer - be very careful from now on. Let's go with him."

Manzanita

First Post
Torvin staggers out, followed by the group. He heads to the barn. The party noticed tha barn last night, but didn't chose to investigate it. The sound of agitated horses can be heard within.

He is unable to pull open the door himself. His hands don't seem to be quite working properly. Juliana is able to push the door open easily. Inside is a wooden boxed wagon. Two horses are hooked up to the wagon, and must have been all night.

Beamer and Banion recognize the wagon as the one they saw Torvin earlier, outside of Rivensblight, when he was with the man, called Toler, who later tried to kill the whole group.

Torvin opens the back of the wagon and breathes a sigh of relief. It is full of armor and weapons, as well as spare food and water.

"We should go." he says as he digs around in the back of the wagon. He pulls a large piece of cheese and takes a hungry bite.

Last edited:

Remove ads