• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

Boddynock

First Post
OOC1: Is N at the top of the map, or the bottom?

Last time I looked, Beamer was standing next to Eusebius. Does that mean that E gets an AoO on B as he takes off?

If he does, he'll attack Beamer with a Stunning Fist (DC 16).

Never mind - I've just seen that Beamer moved away from E to fire at Lothar. Blast!

Hmm, I think E acts before Banion doesn't he? That is, we're still in round #8?

IC: Eusebius is appalled when Beamer succumbs to the scythe. Nevertheless, he doesn't hesitate. Sprinting forward he dodges past the bear and launches a Stunning Fist at Beamer. As he does so, he shouts out, "Rasz, don't let Beamer through ... and DON'T TOUCH THE SCYTHE!"

OOC2: Move 40 ft, apply Dodge bonus to bear (which puts him just in front of the bear and next to Beamer), then Stunning Fist against Beamer (DC 16). If he makes it past the bear, well and good. If he doesn't, at least he's cleared the way for Banion to reach Beamer.

OOC3: So, I wonder what would happen if Rasz uncovered the mirror? What would the interaction with the scythe produce? :eek:

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Does Banion run right past the bear? What would he do if he catches Beamer?

Unless Banion hears Beamer tell the Bear that Banion is now a foe, he'll run right past the bear. He hasn't entirely decided what to do when he catches up. Does Beamer currently have the wand in one hand and the scythe in the other? If so, he isn't actually wielding the scythe properly, and Banion will try a disarming attack.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Beamer is holding his wand in one hand and the scythe in the other. It was my impression that the Scythe of Seto was either a shortscythe or halfscythe as detailed in Seto's entry.

If it is a shortscythe (medium light weapon), then Beamer can wield it on one hand and his disarm check would be +3 BAB -2 Str -4 size -2 weapon size -4 non-proficiency = -9 + the enhancement bonus from the scythe, and he would get an attack of opportunity at +3 BAB -2 Str -2 weapon size -4 non-proficiency = -5 + the enhancement bonus from the Scythe

If it is a halfscythe (medium one-handed weapon), then it would take two hands because he is size small and so he can not wield it. It should probably be treated as "not a melee weapon" and so Beamer's disarm check RAW would be +3 BAB -2 Str -4 size -4 not a melee weapon = -7. That seems odd that it not being a weapon actually helps him, so more penalties would make sense. Worst case (in terms of penalties) would probably be +3 BAB -2 Str -4 size -4 non-proficiency -4 not a weapon = -11 and not count the scythe's enhancement bonus.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh sets the mirror down and prepares to block the path. He's more than a little confused, but he's pretty sure he understands the situation. "What is it wit' this place an' incredibly dangerous artifacts?!"

(Move action to set the mirror down, and standard action to ready a grapple for Beamer.)

Patlin

Explorer
Whether or not it's a weapon has another (very significant) effect. If Beamer's wielding the scythe, Banion won't try to disarm: he's not interested in provoking an AOO from an artifact level weapon!

Manzanita

First Post
Yes. The weapon is a medium half-scythe. Thank you for researching those disarm rules, Slag. Beamer is holding it, awkwardly, in one hand, with his wand in the other. It would not provoke an AoO, I wouldn't think, since it can't properly be weilded by a halfling like that. I'm going to have to go back to initiative order. I'll try to get a post in soon.

Manzanita

First Post
Seeing Beamer flee with the scythe, the group springs into action.

Banion is the fist to act. Impressively, he darts past the bear and smacks the scythe out of Beamer's hand with his mindblade. Perhaps he is surprised himself at how well that went.

Beamer comes to his senses and seems a bit confused. He can't repress a shudder. Dark images fill his mind. Starvation, torture, hunger, fear, hatred. These are the basis of Seto's power.

Torvin hasn't moved. He seems stunned by the development as well.

Round 9
Torvin (-74 HPs/-7 Str)
Beamer (full HPs)
Banion (53/59)<---
Ogrin (49/51)
Eusebius: (32/44 hps)(hasted until round 8/ shield of faith for 3 minutes)
Razh (13/61)
Bear (hasted until round 8)

Patlin

Explorer
Banion is the fist to act. Impressively, he darts past the bear and smacks the scythe out of Beamer's hand with his mindblade. Perhaps he is surprised himself at how well that went.

Banion is momentarilly boggled, then wonders what counterbalancing bad luck is coming his way. Then he looks at the bear....

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Is Banion up allready?

ic: Not wanting to touch the Scythe and fall under it's power, Banion kicks it towards a companion nearer the edge -- not Beamer, but anyone else.

"Football!" He shouts, to pass along the idea.

He'll duck out of the Bear's immediate reach, hoping Beamer comes to his senses and prevents the bear from attacking him.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin looks onto the scene at the other end of the room. "What the...?" Then, seeing Razh, he smiles for the first time since the chess game and decides to deal with the current rat problem. He moves onto the bridge and towards Torvin.

"Oy, ratsy! Lay still or I'll introduce you to me blade, 'Ratstinger'. I've dealt with the likes of you before, my furry friend, so no tricks or I'll skewer you and let you roast in the hottest of the nether hells!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]...and as the halfling is about to chuck the evil artifact into the only place where it can be destroyed, he succumbs to the artifacts power. Hm, seems somewhat familiar :)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads