S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

rln

Explorer
Seeing no apparent harm come to Razh, Ogrin steps towards the table as well. "I have no need of this, so why not?". He places his pawn figure on the table and draws a card from the deck. "My pawn for your... ace!"

OOC: Ace of hearts. Yeah, great, like Ogrin isn't heartsick already.

Manzanita

First Post
The deck gets smaller with every card drawn.

Razh hands over two more of his pieces, and draws two more cards. The imp chortles with glee and rubs his little red palms together.

The first card Razh pulls is the Queen of Clubs. Or should be. But what kind of queen is this? She is dressed in gray rags, and an expression of surprised helplessness is on her face. She is destitute. Ruined.

This makes Razh nervous. He glances at his worldly possessions, most of which are on his person. They are all still there. But something is different. He looks closer. His axe is still sharp, yes, but its gift is gone. His breastplate feels heavier, his arms weaker. The life has gone out of his equipment.

Queen of Clubs - Ruin
[sblock]Drawing this card causes all magic items in your possetion to lose their abilites. Armor and weapons once magical are still MW, but that's all.[/sblock]

Razh tosses the card aside. He roars with defiance and draws the next one. This one is the King of diamonds.

Razh studies the card. He likes it. The King is proud, and dressed simply, with no ornamentaion. His face and stance are bold. He's human, but weilds an axe. This one weapon is all the king has, but it is enough.

Razh glances back at Roar. The weapon had become dull, but now it was alive again. This weapon was his future. It was all that he lost and more. Bite clatters to the stone floor as the dwarf takes his axe in both hands and studies it closely. It is a powerful weapon, and he will make it his own.

King of Diamonds. The Knight
[sblock]Razh's waraze (or other weapon if he wishes) now has the equivalent of a +4 enchantment. Razh chooses now what form that enchantment will take. It will stay that way henceforth. Thus he could chose a +4 waraxe, or a +2 Keen waraxe of Mighty Cleaving or whatever.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Undaunted by his best friends fortunes, or lack thereof, Ogrin steps forward and hands the imp his black pawn. Drawing from the deck, he comes up with the ace of hearts. But this is no lovesick princess on the face. It is the image of the heretical Jareth himself, the White King. The chess piece looks normal enough, but then it winks at Ogrin. Winks? It has no eye. Ogrin smiles. He feels lucky. He can keep the card if he wants, but its benefits will stay either way.

Ace of Hearts - Jareth
[sblock]This card grants Ogrin a +1 luck bonus on all his saving throws. It also gives the power of the clerical Luck Domain:

You gain the power of good fortune, which is usable once per day. This extraordinary ability allows you to reroll one roll that you have just made before the DM declares whether the roll results in success or failure. You must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s worse than the original roll.
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit grins as Ogrin pulls from the deck. "Good stuff, eh?"" He considers carefully before pulling one more piece from his pocket: a bishop. "Been pretty t'et fer taht s'far. Mayhaps a bit o' divine luck'll win us a nice prize this time." He puts the bishop down, turns to Ogrin with a smile saying, "Last one, Ah swear," and draws a King of Hearts.

[sblock=OOC: ]Hope nobody thinks I'm abusing the opportunity. ;) I'm still thinking about that +3 weapon. Rasereit still has 4 pieces, if anybody wants to take a chance.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
I'm slow. Sorry. Anyone who's done with the cardgame can post in the RDI. Razh does have several chess pieces yet and has offered them to others. Future picks, though, will be done by me. You can say you draw a card, but I will tell you what it is. I'll get to Razh' pick here soon. And that's a +4 weapon he has.

Manzanita

First Post
Razh pulls forth the King of Hearts. This noble-looking King wears armor of gold, and his weapons shine like the sun. On his chest is a symble of the sun, which glows brightly. Razh finds himself staring at that symble, entranced by its power and beauty. Finally, he must tear his eyes away, as the light burns too brightly. For a few moments, he can see nothing but the inverse image of that sun.

Finally, his vision clears. He shakes his bushy head and smiles. He has acquired part of that sun's power. He can now see through magical impediments by summoning that vision. It will be hard to fool this dwarf.

King of Hearts: Once per day, for one minute, as a standard action, Rasereit can see as per the True Seeing spell.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit blinks rapidly, then smiles. "Maybe this magic stuff isn' 'alf bad, eh?" He swings his axe and it leaves behind a trail of fire. "Not bad 't'all..." With a giant grin, he plays with his new +3 flaming waraxe all the way back to Orussus.

OOC: Great adventure, thanks again, Manzanita. =) Sorry for holding things up, everybody. Now I have to get this horrible beast that is +2-levels-post-5-Deck-draws-Rasereit approved. >_<

Manzanita

First Post
OK. This one is officially CLOSED! No more IC posting. I'll work on a DM summary & do my stuff for my extra DM credit. Thanks for playing and good luck at the RDI!

orsal

LEW Judge
Did I see you post that you were still waiting for DM credits for this? I hereby award 13 DM credits to Manzanita. There, that was easy.

Remove ads