Release Sabre RPG 2nd Edition

Savant

Explorer
sabrelogo_colour.jpg
I'd like to announce the Sabre RPG System 2nd Edition has been rolling out for the past few weeks at DTRPG! It's a system built on foundations of realism, smooth play and flexibility, featuring a skill-based d100 core with passive talents, active manoeuvres, in-game "on-the-spot" character advancement and a simple but powerful magic system.

It comes in Fantasy and Scifi varieties, with a Bestiary for fantasy monsters and rules for Starships as well. Both are based on the same core ruleset, so you can easily mix-n-match for time travelling space cowboys in a medieval setting fighting dragons, space wizards of the future etc. There's vehicle rules for car wars scenarios, the works! Development is ongoing, but it's a stable system that's really come together! It's under the OGL, so there's a free basic edition of the fantasy system you can check out, plus a premium version with much more content.

scifi_2e_cover_sml.jpg
scifi_2e_starships_sml.jpg
SabreRPG_2e_fantasy_basic_mid.jpg
SabreRPG_2e_bestiary_sml.jpg

Savant

Explorer
A quick update
:)

Things have been a bit crazy around here lately as Melbourne goes into a heavy lockdown. Coupled with the coldest winter in my lifetime and juggling a few jobs, it's been hard to keep on with work. Having said that, I'm still getting some done on the Feydwiir Atlas when I can, and it's starting to come together. It's also a bigger project than I thought it'd be, so there's plenty to do.

I've finished the updated maps today, with the overall style shown here:

aielund_sml.png.06667b8a061eca00068e3de902eafa3b.png

Anyway I better get back to it, stay safe everyone.

Savant

Explorer
Hi everyone, I had a bit of a hiatus after burning out a bit this year, but I've put together an update for the system and written up a small devblog (here) to cover what's new. TL;DR, a faster and easier method to calculate character Threat Levels, a number of small fixes and refinements, and a new fantasy race to try! Also, starting work on a GM guide to help people run sabre games, a requested item ;) Stay safe guys.

Savant

Explorer
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that a 3rd edition of Sabre is well underway! The two main manuals (scifi and fantasy) are 95% complete, and I'm mostly building npc templates lately for our beta games. There's still some art I need to do as well, including finishing off the bestiary art (finally!) The main aim of 3e is to simplify the system, but also to allow print-on-demand versions to happen as well. I want a nice set of hardcover books to sit on my shelf! So I'm pulling out all the stops to make this a sleek and beautiful system, and it's coming along really well :) Here's a sample of the fantasy style, with art that blends into the parchment background. ETA is probably March next year.

race-art.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases