• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sacramento - Forming a New Group

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
I've been looking for quite some time to find a group that fits my particular style of play and schedule. I have yet to find one, so I have decided to create one myself.
3.5 Dungeons & Dragons

Generic Setting, Eberron, or Forgotten Realms (depending on group taste)

Healthy mix of combat, character development, and plot

Starting level 1st, progressing about 1 level every other session.

I would like to play once a week over the weekend (Saturday or Sunday, but regularly only one or the other) for 4-6 hours a session. We all have busy lives and work schedules, and I am definitely considering gaming as a hobby: not a lifestyle priority. Whatver works best for the group, including weekday evenings if that works better.

I will DM games at my home, an apartment near CSUS (just off I-50 at Power Inn/Howe). I am hoping to find three to four players. Beginners and experts are all welcome.

The campaign will focus heavily on character and story development.

What I am looking for in players:
Over 21
Reliable transportation
Personal hygiene
Has a steady job​
What I am not looking for in players:
A maturity age less than 21
Still living with parents
Misogynists
Those using their characters to vicariously fulfill their own hedonistic desires​

The following things are not funny:
"Cleavage"

I would like to find a group with players that put thought and effort into their characters and are willing to become engaged in a campaign storyline. Power gaming and min/maxing are welcome, as long as the "roleplaying" and creative aspects of character creation are not sacrificed.

I'm sorry if I am being way to specific... But I know the type of people with whom I would like to run a game. I hope you're reading, and would like to play.

Please post here if you are interested. I can't wait to start a new group. :D

Last edited:

Tetujin

First Post
I'm fairly sure you can count me in. Let me know if you find some other players, and yes I do meet all the stated requirements. In fact just ask if you want to know anything else about me.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Well, let's see... Are you really living in Rohnert Park? I used to live there a couple years (nice place), by the way, but it is a bit of a commute to Sacramento just for D&D... ;)

Brain

First Post
Count me interested - though I'm pretty busy these days. I'm a veteran player who adapts to the style of the gaming group I'm in.

Tetujin

First Post
jeremy_dnd said:
Well, let's see... Are you really living in Rohnert Park? I used to live there a couple years (nice place), by the way, but it is a bit of a commute to Sacramento just for D&D... ;)

Ha! Good eye. I did live in Rohnert Park, but I've been attending CSUS for a couple semesters and just never noticed my old listed location. In fact I'm in 2nd floor Student Union as I type this. And, checking Google Maps, I'm basically just a few blocks away from you I think.

Since you mentioned different settings, I really don't necessarily like one more than the other, but I really just don't know much about FR. I know the most about Eberron, Greyhawk, and a little about Planescape.

Oh, and does your group use any house rules? I'm used to keeping track of quite a few. Any material explicitly banned (Psionics, Incarnum, ToB, Frenized Berzerkers, Radiant Servants of Pelor, etc)? No plan to use any of this material, just going over commonly restricted stuff.

And, if you don't mind, tell me about your visual combat representation method. That is, if that wasn't too awkwardly phrased.

Last edited:

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Ah, very nice.

Tetujin said:
Oh, and does your group use any house rules?
That's the thing: I have no group as of yet. You will be part of the very beginning! I'm sure we will develop some house rules as we go along, and I have a few in mind (some depending on the setting and campaign we choose), but in the end it will depend on the group we get together.

Tetujin said:
...tell me about your visual combat representation method.
Sure thing.

I have in my possession several hundred D&D miniatures, as well as dungeon tiles. I would like to take advantage of this resource, though not exclusively.

Drawings, self-made battlemaps, etc will likely be utilized as well, depending on the situation.

Remove ads