• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sacred Circles: +2 to attack

Endur

First Post
Recent WOTC battle maps in Fantastic Locations and other modules have had a terrain feature called a Sacred Circle, which grants anyone inside the circle a +2 to hit and damage qualifies as magic for purposes of bypassing DR/magic.

Does anyone know where the Sacred Circle comes from. Is it described in another WOTC book? Is it a variation of the Magic Circle Against Evil (if so, why not give a +2 to AC and saves, why give bonuses to attack and damage)?

frankthedm

First Post
Endur said:
Recent WOTC battle maps in Fantastic Locations and other modules have had a terrain feature called a Sacred Circle, which grants anyone inside the circle a +2 to hit and damage qualifies as magic for purposes of bypassing DR/magic.

Does anyone know where the Sacred Circle comes from. Is it described in another WOTC book?
A contrivance of the D&D miniatures game.

Blood rock is another one.

Endur

First Post
I checked the miniatures book and found sacred circles. Then I saw the rune circles in Races of Stone.

I am uneasy about sacred circles. I havn't seen any pricing, or description of how sacred circles are created. Or why they give a bonus to attack.

At least Runic Circles make sense and have a cost and spell casting creation rules.

Protective circles make sense to me, somehow the sacred circles seem wierd.

Remove ads