Sacred Circles: +2 to attack

Endur

First Post
Recent WOTC battle maps in Fantastic Locations and other modules have had a terrain feature called a Sacred Circle, which grants anyone inside the circle a +2 to hit and damage qualifies as magic for purposes of bypassing DR/magic.

Does anyone know where the Sacred Circle comes from. Is it described in another WOTC book? Is it a variation of the Magic Circle Against Evil (if so, why not give a +2 to AC and saves, why give bonuses to attack and damage)?

frankthedm

First Post
Endur said:
Recent WOTC battle maps in Fantastic Locations and other modules have had a terrain feature called a Sacred Circle, which grants anyone inside the circle a +2 to hit and damage qualifies as magic for purposes of bypassing DR/magic.

Does anyone know where the Sacred Circle comes from. Is it described in another WOTC book?
A contrivance of the D&D miniatures game.

Blood rock is another one.

Endur

First Post
I checked the miniatures book and found sacred circles. Then I saw the rune circles in Races of Stone.

I am uneasy about sacred circles. I havn't seen any pricing, or description of how sacred circles are created. Or why they give a bonus to attack.

At least Runic Circles make sense and have a cost and spell casting creation rules.

Protective circles make sense to me, somehow the sacred circles seem wierd.

Remove ads