• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Delemental

First Post
Piratecat said:
I can't even begin to say how freaked out we were when Velendo started putting out first one giant tile for the one hydra...

Velendo, eh? So you session was being guest-DMed by the famous cleric of Calphas himself?

The mind is always the first thing to go... :)

Vargo

First Post
Delemental said:
Velendo, eh? So you session was being guest-DMed by the famous cleric of Calphas himself?

The mind is always the first thing to go... :)

Yep, looks like yours sure is. Mine is still perfectly intact, and I remember that Velendo is played BY Sagiro in Piratecat's campaign. :D

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Piratecat said:
Velendo. Sagiro. Whatever -- a rose by any other name would still be a rat bastard.

If that's not the pot calling the kettle a rat bastard, I don't know what is. :D

-Sagiro

coyote6

Adventurer
That's a lot of hydra heads. Poor Step -- just back from the dead, and look where he's at.

Too bad you can't turn the hydras' heads individually. :)

shilsen

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Velendo. Sagiro. Whatever -- a rose by any other name would still be a rat bastard.

Sagiro said:
If that's not the pot calling the kettle a rat bastard, I don't know what is. :D

-Sagiro

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all reward ;) (geek points for identifying the reference).

And - more, please!

Delemental

First Post
Vargo said:
Yep, looks like yours sure is. Mine is still perfectly intact, and I remember that Velendo is played BY Sagiro in Piratecat's campaign. :D

Yeah, I knew that too. The name-slippage was just amusing, that's all. Sort of helps remind me that despite the excellence of both Story Hours, they're still human, or at least putting up the best visage of humanity that two rat-bastards can muster. ;)

Just curious, does the name slip happen very frequently during actual game sessions? Probably less of a problem for Sagiro and Piratecat, being DMs, but how often does KidCthulhu get called 'Nolin' in this game, or vice versa?

Worse yet, any instances of character name slips in non-game arenas?

KidCthulhu: Hey, Dranko, can you take out the garbage?
Piratecat: <blink> <blink> Umm... dear?

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
shilsen said:
The praise of the praiseworthy is above all reward ;) (geek points for identifying the reference).

Isn't that what Faramir says to Samwise, after Samwise has praised Faramir for not taking the Ring from Frodo?

-Sagiro

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Piratecat said:
(wincing) "33."

(slight grin) "You see all of them. Make eight saves."

The PC's in my campaign recently entered a room with five mummies, and I have to admit that as a DM I shied away from forcing everyone to make five saves, because I knew that those with high saves would make all of them and those with low saves didn't stand a chance of making every roll.

I decided to make the additional mummies make the whole thing more fearsome, so there was just one paralysis/fear save, but the DC was raised by 1 for each extra mummy.

(and if you think I was failing in my duty as a rat bastard, in my defence I'd like to at least mention that my mummies mummy-rot had both an onset time and a repeat time of 1 minute... and the party all out of Remove Curse too :))

Cheers!

KidCthulhu

First Post
Delemental said:
Just curious, does the name slip happen very frequently during actual game sessions? Probably less of a problem for Sagiro and Piratecat, being DMs, but how often does KidCthulhu get called 'Nolin' in this game, or vice versa?
Never. Nolin and Ernie are so completely different that we've never had a slip up. Plus, it's only in the last few years that we have had any overlapping players between the two games.

Worse yet, any instances of character name slips in non-game arenas?
KidCthulhu: Hey, Dranko, can you take out the garbage?
Piratecat: <blink> <blink> Umm... dearz
Again, never. Although "Hey Rat Bastard" does sometimes get thrown around. And not always to refer to Pkitty ;) .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads