• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Zustiur

Explorer
There had better be a damned good explanation of how the Weasel survived falling off a cliff, and how he managed to be transported into an alternate time line, AND how he got into Het Brannoi.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first is tied to the second.

Zustiur.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Going back through the PDF's, I find this interesting bit from the Eyes of Moirel, speaking through Eddings:

Eyes of Moirel said:
HE IS IN THE HOUSE OF HET BRANOI, BEYOND THE GATE OF FIRE, AND HE CANNOT RETURN ON HIS OWN. THE CANARY HAS ENTRAPPED THE CAT. RETURN HIM TO US, SO YOU MIGHT WALK IN THE FOOTPRINTS OF MOIREL.

The "He" appears to refer to a third Eye of Moirel. I'm guessing the Canary is the Eye as well, and that the Cat refers to Sagiro. He cannot return on his own - because of the nature of the slices.

The "Gate of Fire" could refer to the Red gate that leads to the Lord of the Roses.

Last edited:

Jackylhunter

First Post
Kid Charlemagne said:
The "He" appears to refer to a third Eye of Moirel. I'm guessing the Canary is the Eye as well, and that the Cat refers to Sagiro. He cannot return on his own - because of the nature of the slices.

The "Gate of Fire" could refer to the Red gate that leads to the Lord of the Roses.

Wow, great find Kid! Sagiro, had you created the layout of Het Branoi when you gave the Party that tidbit? How long had Het Branoi been finished (in your head) before the party got to it? Was it something that you had to modify as the group got more powerful??

Cool stuff,

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Kid Charlemagne said:
Going back through the PDF's, I find this interesting bit from the Eyes of Moirel, speaking through Eddings:

Eyes of Moirel said:
HE IS IN THE HOUSE OF HET BRANOI, BEYOND THE GATE OF FIRE, AND HE CANNOT RETURN ON HIS OWN. THE CANARY HAS ENTRAPPED THE CAT. RETURN HIM TO US, SO YOU MIGHT WALK IN THE FOOTPRINTS OF MOIREL.

The Company had sussed the meaning of that already, and you're close, but not quite on the mark. "He" does refer to the third Eye of Moirel, as you guess. But the "Canary" refers to the Black Circle who built Het Branoi, and the "Cat" is also the third Eye. (The idea being that the Eye is inherently more powerful than the Black Circle, but somehow the BC had arranged to entrap and make use of the Eye.) The words of the Mad Sculptor back this up, as he refers to the Eye of Moirel as "my caged beast."

The "Gate of Fire" refers to the gartine arch in Delfir (home of the fire-god worshippers), through which the Company had to travel in order to get from Charagan to Kivia in the first place.

Now, what Sagiro is doing here, and as this "Lord of the Roses" character no less, is a separate (but highly related) mystery whose explanation will be made clear in the next few story hour posts.

-Sagiro

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Abstraction said:
The way I see it, Sagiro could have died when he went over the falls. History has been rewritten so none of that happened, now.

True, but Sagiro was also very involved with the folks who changed history, and which the Company kind of ignored after a certain point because they had other things they needed to focus on. And even if he did die, it's possible the Black Circle could have brought him back, though I don't see him as being important enough to warrant such consideration. My suspicion is that Sagiro Emberleaf is one of the very few who is aware of what has happened. I also suspect that there is a very good chance he is utterly insane at this point.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I can't tell you all the places that you're right, but there are a lot of them! Sagiro being here isn't anywhere near as far-fetched as you'd think it is. . . but that will become clear.

That rat bastard DM of ours. . .

You're going to see something very interesting in the next few posts. You know how in a given fight, there's either some really brilliant tactic you can use, or you just totally miss the important point and your tactics make things a lot worse? Well, you're going to see both of those. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads