• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Lazybones said:
obviously Dranko hogs the spotlight somewhat but I've found that characters of his type always tend to draw a lot of strong sentiment (either love or hate!) from readers.

You've never met PC in person have you? Let's just say he has his own way of encouraging the other players to "take it to the next level". :D

StevenAC

Explorer
Lazybones said:
The PDFs are excellent, by the way, StevenAC. I liked the sidebars and the little graphics for letters, player handouts, etc. These story hours can be difficult to read as downloaded text, so I definitely am a fan of compilations.
Glad you're enjoying the PDFs! And thanks to everyone who's sent appreciation both in this thread and by email over the three years :eek: :eek: that I've been doing this now. Most especially, of course, Sagiro himself...

P.S.: The latest chapter of the Story Hour is now complete, bringing the story once again right up to date.

Everett

First Post
Lazybones said:
I did think that Gray Wolf has sort of faded into the background recently

Well, his plot piece is over; their adventure currently puts Ernie into the spotlight more.

-----

"Acting abnormally reasonable since 2004."

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Greywolf's actual player is a slightly quiet guy, and he plays Greywolf as more private and self-contained than the rest of are. The combination of the two, I think, result in less Greywolf focus in the story hour. In contrast, however, the player doesn't fade into the background at all during games. He's an amazing guy.

One of the things that Sagiro does really well is focus on individual character arcs, skipping from one character to another. It's clear that Ernie is in the middle of one right now, what with Santo Wilburforce - but we'll soon find out that he isn't the only one. It's a DMing trick of Sagiro's that I also try to emulate, with mixed success.

We're experiencing withdrawal right now; with the wedding of Greywolf's and Morningstar's players, we didn't play at all in June. Twitch. Twitch.

Piratecat said:
We're experiencing withdrawal right now; with the wedding of Greywolf's and Morningstar's players, we didn't play at all in June. Twitch. Twitch.

to each other?

If so... Wow, I didn't know that was in the works.

Congratulations any which way!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Right! Player marrying player, as opposed to Morningstar and Dranko. And nah, the table dynamics aren't actually weird. :)

Along with Fajitas and wisdomlikesilence, and Sagiro and Kodiak, that makes a couple of marriages to come out of our games.

Everett

First Post
Fun with echoes...

“Grey Wolf, what is it with you and chopping off heads?”

“We should always chop off the heads,” answers Grey Wolf. “Fewer surprises that way.”

“I’ll bet it’s the sword,” says Dranko, referring to Bostock. “I told you it was evil.”

“Actually,” says Bostock, speaking clearly in Grey Wolf’s mind, “I fail to understand the need to decapitate those already vanquished, unless you have specific expectation that otherwise they’ll spring back to life.”

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Hmm... I'm sure it was this story hour where Arravis was explaining planar theory to Dranko using an onion as an analogy, but when I D/L the thread I can't seem to find any mention of it (aside from a "does it have something to do with onions" from Dranko). Anyone remember whereabouts the whole onion as planar theory post is?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads