• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Mmmmm, I'll say. He showed up by planeshifting in at high speed and crashing through the roof and wall of a house. He was soon followed by hideous monsters trying to recapture him.

I miss Eltariel - and his player, of course. I sometimes think that if I hadn't asked him to play an arcane spellcaster, he'd still be in Boston! :D

Aravis

First Post
RangerWickett said:
And is it true that the rumored clash between the Defenders and the Company will finally take place, in Piratecat's next session of Crozzer's Maze Mayhem? Stay tuned, fans!

OUT! OUT!

I want you all out of my head!

-- Aravis

Last edited:

Sialia

First Post
Ok, in straight out combat, there's no discussion to be had.

But I can't help think that if both teams were locked up, each team in their own room (assuming anyone had the power to keep either team locked up somewhere) The Company would outlast the Defenders.

There is no hazard to the Defenders like themselves.

And unless things have changed an awful lot since I left, the Company's fondness for its members is nearly unbreakable.

I'm betting the Defenders would blaze up in interparty strife brewed out of sheer boredom before Ernest finished rolling out his pie crust or Dranko had to light a new cigar.

Sialia

First Post
Tor Bladebearer said:

-- Tor aka Xemu aka the never-mentioned-in-the-other-Piratecat-threads-because-I'm-right-in-the-gap-between-ancient-Defenders-and-modern-Defenders Eltariel

And this really is a pity, because by all accounts, he was a terriffic character. Bandeeto and I can't tackle it, because you came in just after we left and we've only got the teensiest fragments of secondhand stories to go on.

On the other hand, the barrier to us starting in on the Comet Cycle is that we left before it was finished and we've only got the teensiest fragments of secondhand stories to go on for the second half.

SO, seems to me that if a certain PC wants his story to be told, he might have to do some of his own storytelling . . .and there might be a really convenient and helpful place to start doing it . . .

Let me know if you're interested and I'll actually start working on the first half, soon as I wrap up the Buried Up to the Neck in Sand bit.

Apologies for the hijack, but it seemed like a worthwhile opportunity.

-Sialia

Tor Bladebearer

First Post
Hijacking in progress... where are those sky marshals?

I believe I in fact still have all my notes from Eltariel's journey from the City of Horns through Cirit Tordu, then into the desert and the final showdown at Tovag Baragu. So I'd be happy to get that all typed in sometime...

-- Xemu / Tor / Eltariel

KidCthulhu

First Post
Sorry about the hiatus in Ernie's story. Here's more

Well now I remember why I love doing this job. We've met the nicest people called the Yuja. They are good, simple people, living in a clean little village. They don't have much, but they are like halflings in their good hearts. We are staying with them today. They have some sick people here, and I think we can help them. The leaders of these people are the healers. I think that's marvelous!

We spent two days in the village and it was the best time I've had in months.

Then we took to the jungle. It was very hard to get around, with huge tree trunks and vines as big as my arm. Once we saw a river of ants swarming along the jungle floor. They were cutting down trees (!) in their path and all the animals were running away. We had to cross the river to get away.

One evening, while we were wandering through the jungle we were attacked by a giant mound of weed and branches. It was 7 feet tall and smelled TERRIBLE. Then another rose up, and another! They were very, very strong and very scarey. Everytime we cut one down, another sprang up. And then Aravis cast a Lightning Bolt and one got BIGGER! That was not good. Aravis tried another trick and turned into one of the shambley things.

Just as we thought all might be lost, a man with an enourmous axe and a half-orc with a big sword ran into the clearing. We weren't sure if they were friend or foe, but they started fighting the shamblers, so we let them. What else could we do?

We finally beat the shamblers, although Aravis took an arrow from out of the woods, from someone who thought he was a real shambler.

Then, as we stood there, a whole bunch of people came out of the woods. The woman who was their leader was someone we'd never seen, but we knew who she was. Lapis. The woman who's been tracking us since we came to this continent. The one who hired the Animators and the shadow guys in D'Jaw. The one who summons Elementals to kill people and cause chaos. She's...shes... I don't even know if I can say the word for what she is.

She told us that she had been following us, and that we needed to work with her. There is a password to the Crossers Maze, she said, and I know it. You know how to get there. You need me and I need you.

It was terrible, but true. And wounded and beaten as we were, there was nothing we could do about it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads