• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Sagiro, I didn't realize until today that not all the Slices have been stuck there the same amount of time. One guy's only been there for a few weeks, but some folks have been stuck for decades. Is that true? Does the group know why?

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
RangerWickett said:
Sagiro, I didn't realize until today that not all the Slices have been stuck there the same amount of time. One guy's only been there for a few weeks, but some folks have been stuck for decades. Is that true? Does the group know why?
At this point in the story, no, the Company doesn't know why. They find out a few runs later, but that would be a spoiler. :)

-Sagiro

Fade

First Post
So, Yoba. New party member, or Black Circle spy (carefully disguised for maximum appeal to the most trusting party member)? Now taking guesses.

shilsen

Adventurer
LightPhoenix said:
"She’s so beautiful. And she likes milk"

Hilarious! Go Ernie!!!

Ten bucks says she's evil.
No, no - her being evil would not be RBDM enough. She'll be completely, purely good. And the PCs will end up having to fight her anyway :]

My theory is that she's one of Tapheon's succubi. She's just a little too perfect and follows on the heels of one of Tapheon's servants teasing Ernie about his lack of romantic experience. It seems like the perfect way to both insinuate a spy/agent, and to be extraordinarily cruel to a kind and good halfling--exactly what Tapheon would want to do. The only real sticking points I see are timing (how long has Yoba been in this Slice relative to when Tapheon's minions picked up the Company?) and the aura of good, although it seems like that could be explained by some form of empathic projection making everyone think that you feel good (probably with an undetectable alignment effect up as additional cover).

KidCthulhu

First Post
Man, you people are suspicious. What's so strange about a beautiful halfling maiden falling for Ernie? He's quite a catch, you know. Rich, single, a good cook, ennobled, powerful. Of course, you do get regular visits from Dranko with the package, but the course of true love n'ere did run true.

Morte

Explorer
KidCthulhu said:
What's so strange about a beautiful halfling maiden falling for Ernie? He's quite a catch, you know. Rich, single, a good cook, ennobled, powerful.
The milk has obviously gone to your head.

Orichalcum

First Post
Yoba= Evil

Whatever Yoba wants, Yoba gets,
And little man, little Yoba wants you
Make up your mind to have, no regrets
Recline yourself, resign yourself, you're through.

I always hit, what I aim for,
And your heart and soul, is what I came for.
Whatever Yoba wants, Yoba gets
Take off your plate, don't you know you can't win...

Remove ads