Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

EroGaki

First Post
The reactive nature of good is always something I've griped against. Evil is proactive, while Good waits for something bad to happen. Once innocent people suffer and die, then good gets to smite evil. Me, I try to be more proactive; if my character has word of an evil organization or cult gaining power, I strike before they can do harm to the world. If I had been in the Company's situation, I would have gacked Strug before hand. Good doesn't mean you have to let the bad guys get the jump on you.

I'm posting to say that I'm still excited by this storyhour (and because I kept looking along the left column for 'threads I'd posted to,' which is how I normally locate your storyhour, and I couldn't find it).

KidCthulhu

First Post
EroGaki said:
Good doesn't mean you have to let the bad guys get the jump on you.

That was Ernie's feeling about the whole situation. Ernie's pretty much the group's moral compass, and he really was all for wiping the temple of Dralla off the map. He didn't trust Shreen any further than he could toss him in a hot pan with garlic and chives, and wasn't about to let any of his friends die because of his treachery.

If I were playing one of the mages, I would have save-or-died Strug the moment he mentioned taking Aravis' head.

And then quickened fireballed the rest of the room.

Who, me, twitchy?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This whole fight was weird. We didn't really feel like we had moral superiority here, not really. Speaking only for myself, it was unclear at what point we'd have conceded to the terms of the Geas. But then again, Dranko's not particularly the type to want to burn others in the name of his religion.

Everett

First Post
Piratecat said:
But then again, Dranko's not particularly the type to want to burn others in the name of his religion.

None of you are. At the same time, the exchange reminded me how inflexible alignment often feels. If I'm CN, but the character's in a situation where he might act like a chaotic good guy (or might act a little flippantly "evil"), I can't just necessarily do it without wondering about the fictional "axis" I'm supposed to be on.

I guess that's why the only D&D I have is reading this Story Hour...

Remove ads