• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Everett

First Post
That was Dranko's dream of what Becoming would be like. Neither he nor we have any idea what would really happen. But it would certainly be different.

How can I be sure of this? Consider that Good-aligned Uvuudaum-Dranko would solo massacre everyone and anyone the company might come up against while the rest of the party stood around filing their fingernails. I don't think Sagiro is going to take the challenge out of the campaign's endgame.

Quartz

Hero
How can I be sure of this? Consider that Good-aligned Uvuudaum-Dranko would solo massacre everyone and anyone the company might come up against while the rest of the party stood around filing their fingernails. I don't think Sagiro is going to take the challenge out of the campaign's endgame.

An Uvuudaum of which Dranko was only intermittently in control might well be interesting. Kind of like the final encounter of the Shackled City adventure path. But the Uvuudaum in the ELH is far worse than CR 27.

Solarious

Explorer
The Cleaners were clear enough. He has to avoid "delusions of grandeur." And the Company's divinations don't work below the surface.
What the heck does "delusions of grandeur" mean from something beyond the pale of sanity? And sure the Company's divinations work beyond the barrier; they just require extra effort to reach, and thus burn life force which could otherwise be used to power other abilities they might need in the future. It's a balancing act.

Everett

First Post
An Uvuudaum of which Dranko was only intermittently in control might well be interesting. Kind of like the final encounter of the Shackled City adventure path. But the Uvuudaum in the ELH is far worse than CR 27.

The killer is the Wisdom drain, and the fact that it's permanent. It's pretty much designed to murder anything that's *sentient*, good, evil or otherwise.

Everett

First Post
If Dranko does develop delusions on grandeur, I'm pretty sure that will be grounds for breaking the deal, which would be very bad for the whole company.

I think that after the visions he had while they were leaping and the slaughter-happy dream, Dranko has got the message. I don't expect that Dranko will have to Become. But it's quite clear now that the Nugget of Madness(tm) inside his brain will prove crucial to the endgame.

Remove ads