Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Actually, I think Friday is the Drankversary's holy day. But I see your point. Sagiro didn't actually need a plan; the chance of Dranko choosing to Become was so low as to be non-existent. Sagiro knows me extremely well.

Tamlyn

Explorer
What struck me as genuinely awesome was the role of Cranchus in the selection of the party. Cranchus had become one with Abernia. Cranchus tried to speak to people, but the only person who could hear was Abernathy. Abernathy got the names of the party from Abernia/Cranchus. And all this happened after the party's visit to Cranchus in the past. Incredible!

~Tam

Everett

First Post
Actually, I think Friday is the Drankversary's holy day. But I see your point. Sagiro didn't actually need a plan; the chance of Dranko choosing to Become was so low as to be non-existent. Sagiro knows me extremely well.

Even were you to choose the Becoming option -- you simply don't get to end a 16-year campaign without a climactic showdown, whether it's Dranko vs. Party or Party vs. Adversary. It would be like if you had a series of fantasy novels about a Dark One who's been sealed away for a millennia who's prophesied to be defeated by a hero who hears voices of insanity in his head, and the books ran for 20-odd years and then the author died, leaving them to be completed in a functionary, lackluster manner by someone with no vision.

Oh, hang on...

Last edited:

Solarious

Explorer
So, Abernia was alive and doing mad gambit plans to save itself and everyone on it the way Chrono Trigger's world did, setting up stable recursion loops, preparing trials and arming living weapons to point directly at the heart of the enemy.

Well done, rodent of uncertain parentage. Stealing from the classics is the greatest homage you could pay them.

Anxe

First Post
I'm curious what music you used for the final fight. If you did use something could you post it with the update? I'd like to listen to it while I read if possible. Would make it just a little bit cooler.

Everett

First Post
No wonder Tapheon didn't want him around...

Tapheon couldn't have known what it was, but sure, it would terrify him. That works.

I'm curious who played each of the NPCs during the Adversary battle -- there's 5 of them -- 6 counting Galdifain, who has no battle capacity -- and looking at the post again, I have absolutely no idea who Aristus from the Eye of the Storm is. Someone fill me in?

Last edited:

Remove ads