Sail South From Sasserine

Dantardis

First Post
Diving down beneath the waves, Nimo noticed a strange transformation taking place. In place of the human whalers who had been on the surface the creatures now appeared to be a type of wolf but with an aquatic body. He had no time to react as the wolves ambushed him. Meanwhile on the deck of the Sea Wyvern the two initial whalers had also transformed into some kind of hybrid form. Grey and Sangaya immediately hit one of them whilst the other hit Sangaya and Morning. Aust cast a spell and a bolt of glowing colours hit the two sea wolves on deck, this was immediately followed up by Morning hitting one of the creatures and Grey hitting another one twice. Back beneath the surface Nimo cast a spell and a bolt of lightning flew out of his hands, hitting several of the sea wolves. Sangaya and Morning quickly finished off the two remaining woves on deck and turned their attention to what was happening in the sea, particularly as the sea wolves were now on the surface. One of the wolves moved near the port side of the vessel and hit Morning. Grey hit this wold causing it to become stunned. Nimo cast glitterdust on the sea wolves causing one of them to become blinded. One of the sea wolves attempted to hit Aust, who teleported away whilst another one hit Morning. Grey killed one. Nimo had by this time climbed back aboard and cast magic missile at one of the wolves. Sangaya and Seki's dire wolf hit a further sea wolf and Grey finishes off by killing it. Nimo cast a spell at some of the wolves still in the water causing a jet of steam to hit several of them causing significant damage. Seki, Morning and Grey quickly finished off the remainder of the sea wolves that had climbed on deck and the remainder swam away.

Dantardis

First Post
Out of Character: I hope I remembered everything about the above fight but even to play through I seem to remember it being very involved and frenetic.

Dantardis

First Post
Later that same day Roger, the cabin boy, approached the captain and said, "Captain, one of the passengers, Father Feres is unwell and our healers can do nothing for him." The party walked down into the inner hold to where Feres' cabin was. Here they found the priest sweating and rolling around his bunk, clearly in great pain. Grey and Aust could see that there appeared to be a large mass pulsating in his abdomen. Drawing a knife Grey quickly cut into the priest's abdomen and removed a pulsating egg which he threw against the far well, a demonic looking visage was revealed which Aust shouted was a Slaad. The Slaad concentrated and a second Slaad also appeared. Sangya quickly moved forward and hit the original Slaad. Seki concentrated and quickly changed into his dinosaur form. Morning, changing her aura damaged the second slaad with acid. Aust and Grey both also hit the Slaad. The Slaad hit Sangaya three times causing several greivous wounds to appear on her flesh. Aust tried to dispel the summoning of the second slaad but was unsuccessful. Grey hit the second slaad and did some subdual samage. Morning chanted, putting a spell ability on her weapon and hit the summoned slaad. The original Slaad moved forward and hit both Aust and Nimo, who quickly fell, pumping blood. Seki and Grey both hit this Slaad and Morning followed up with a killing blow. The second Slaad had healed up some of its wounds and hit Seki, but Seki and Grey retaliated finalling killing the creature. After healing their fallen comrades attention turned towards Father Feres.
Feres shuffled nervously, "My real name isn't Feres, it's Conrad Horst. I'm on the run from Cauldron after several cons I attempted went wrong. I decided to leave Sasserine and head south. I had a package to deliver to the temple of Heirenous at Fort Blackwall. But the temple is a sham, it's run by a group of Slaadi worshiping cultists who implanted something in my body. If you will let me go at our nest port I will bother you no more."

Dantardis

First Post
A few days later the Sea Wyvern was nearing the mouth of the Havekihu River. The fog was extremely thick and visibility was severely reduced. Sangaya gave the order for the anchor to be lowered until the fog cleared and all was still. Later that night the Sea Wyvern gave a sudden lurch. Grey, who was on watch at this time saw a grey shape, surrounded byfloating debris and flotsam attach itself to the ship so he hit it whilst raising the alarm. Sangaya, who was also on wtach did not react so quickly and was hit and grappled by the ooze, before it detached and moved back into the sea. Aust cast a spell and a glowing weapon materialised near the ooze, hittibg it. Sangaya was once again hit by the ooze but managed to hit it in return as did Grey, doing some damage to the creature. Morning dived into the sea after the captain, and was also grappled by the ooze. By this time the combat had become more organized, with Sangaya, Grey and Morning all striking the creature, reducing the creature to nothing. All was still. Once the fog had cleared the two vessels sailed off southwards.

Dantardis

First Post
Several days later the Sea Wyvern arrived at Tamoachan, at which point Urol Forol the gnome became very excited as Lavinia had promised him that he could go ashore and investigate these ancient ruins. Seki took the party aside and explained to them that Tamoachan was revered in his culture as belonging to the ancient Suel civilisation. As such he would prefer that any tombs or monuments that the party found were left intact. Moving into the interior Urol found a pathway leading uphill which the party followed for about an hour. They came to an area which was strewn with cobwebs, with a large sized web like creature standing in the middle of it which Aust identified as a Web Golem. Morning quickly changed her aura, burst into flame and breathed on the golem. The Web Golem moved forward after taking the damage from the fire and hit Morning twice. Aust, who had remained with the rest of the party started to chant and everybody felt more invigorated. Seki, who had summoned his wolf made it move forwards. The wold bit the Web Golem and tripped it over. Sangaya attempted to follow up with a blow from her weapon but missed. The Web Golem managed to stand up and hit both Morning and Aust. In retaliation Aust, the wolf and Sangaya all hit the Web Golem. The Web Golem again hit and scored Sangaya's flesh. Aust and Nimo both cast a spell and the Web Golem finally fell, several orbs of acid finally killing the creature.

OOC: Well this year seems to be the year of Orb of Acid as last year was the year of Glitterdust!!!

Dantardis

First Post
Contuinuing along the path the party finally came upon Tamoachan. The word "ruins" was more than appropriate, as several piles of rubble were strewn around, the only remainder of a once great civilisation. Urol warned that there was at least one basilisk was living in the ruins. Grey, looking over the area with some skill, spotted that there were two basilisks hiding in one pile of rubble. Averting their eyes from the monstrous creatures' gaze, Grey fired two rapidly shot arrows at one basilisk, whilst Nimo cast a spell, allowing the party to communicate with each other silently without making any noise, allowing them to sneak up on the basilisks. Grey hit the same basilisk again with two more well placed arrows. The basilisks started to move forwards, but as they could not see Grey and did not know where the shots were coming from as the party had hidden in some trees on the edge of the clearing, they did not progress very far. Grey killed one of the basilisks with a further well placed shot. Seki's bat entered the fray at this point and hit the second basilisk. Morning tried to hit the basilisk as it moved forward but missed. The basilisk headed towards Grey's tree and managed to bite him as Grey moved down the tree. Nimo and Sangaya both hit the basilisk with a magic missile and a glowing blade of energy respecively and the second basilisk soon lay dead.

Dantardis

First Post
Moving further into the complex the party came to a chamber in which there was deep well, whilst they were looking into it a creature slithered down the wall and tried to attack Morning but failed. Morning in retaliation breathed fire on the creature. Sangaya hit the creature but the next moment it her hit back, biting her arm. Grey attempted to shot an arrow at the creature but missed. Aust's minion then moved forward to shoot the creature but missed the creature and hit Morning. The creature tried to hit Grey and missed and Grey and Morning between them finished it off.
Moving into a secondary chamber the party and Urol found a carved stone map of the city of Tamoachan which appeared to have been carved into the floor. Urol immediately started to make notes and to draw a map of the map. The party wanted to take the model back to the ship with them but Seki pointed out that this was in effect a memorial to the culture and should be left as it was as a monument to the Suel civilisation. Reluctantly the rest of the party agreed.
Moving to a final door Morning opened the door and everyone was hit by a burst of flame as a batlike creature breathed fire at the party. Seki moved forward to hit the creature but missed. In retaliation the creature hit Seki drawing wounds. Sangaya and Grey both tried to hit the creature and missed. Nimo tried to cast a spell at the creature but failed. The creature breathed again doing some more fire damage to members of the party. Grey and Morning both hit the creature who breathed again before the party finished him off. Moving into the room that the creature had guarded the party found some items of treasure and a strange heart shaped crest carved into the earth. Aust identified this as a Heart of Stone a magical location which gave spellcasters certain powers. Once they had finished the party returned to the Sea Wyvern.

OOC: There we are guys, up to date now until Sunday.

EpicFailure

Explorer
heya dan, I was just crunching the numbers on holly and I've realised that she is going to be very unfun for everyone involved. I was wondering if I could trade her out before she becomes too entrenched and bring in a backup character Ive had ready?

EpicFailure

Explorer
new character is going to be a mage, probably enchanter.
holly is mostly unfun because of the low risk levels she faces as a pixie and also the linearity and repetetiveness of her attacks. If i keep her, I'll end up rolling the same 2 d20s and 10d6 for the next 2 terms almost. when I built her I failed to differentiate between a strong character and a fun one :p

Remove ads