Salvage Operation IC Thread

Tonks

First Post
Dropping down from the last rusted set of rungs, Bruce waves his torch around and cuts a swath through a patch of thick webs. Even as the flames dispel some of the darkness, the early morning light does little to illuminate this part of the ship.

As the others begin to lower themselves, Bruce's ears hears faint skittering sounds a moment before two tabby cat sized spiders race into view, both sending gobs of webbing at him!

[sblock=ooc]As if you guys didn't expect this...:)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The boy curses loudly under his breath, muttering something about the habits of vermin. His lacquered longspear in hand, Alin thrusts it at the nearest arachnid.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kerwick turns to see the new arrivals, and a grin spreads across his face as he hefts his axe from his shoulders.

"Yeah! Enough with the piddly ones, time for something I can sink my teeth into!"

Tonks

First Post
Whipping the flaming brand at the first spider, Bruce hears a snap of wood as the torch connects with the spider and as the flaming end rolls a few paces from him, the spider curls up and moves no more.

Alin and Kerwick's blades make short work of the second spider and as the creaking of the ship begins to be the only sound heard, Aubreck makes his way down with his torch.

"The others have fled, the gutless bastards. They believe the dwarves were right about this place being haunted..."

[sblock=ooc]Bruce crit and confirm damage 14 to spider, but snapped the torch. Alin and Kerwick both hit and combined for 10 pts of damage. XP reward = 200 each.[/sblock]

stonegod

The boy lets out a might roar as he pierces the arachnid carapace. His blood still ringing in his ear, he looks around to see if there is anything else... or where they should go next.

Voadam

Legend
Bruce looks down at the snapped torch "Eh, it was too short to give a decent drubbing anyway. Keep that torch handy master Aubreck." Bruce pulls out his quarterstaff, gives it a spin, and uses it to poke around.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kerwick wipes a little spider goo off the blade of his axe and looks around the hold of the ship.

"Certainly are a lot of spiders. Odd thing for ghosts to associate with, I don't think it's really haunted. Pity, I wanted to meet a ghost. Shall we move on?"

stonegod

Alin tries to get a look around the hold, poking and flipping open crates and such. While taking his time, he looks for guidance from their employer to make sure this is the correct place to look.

Remove ads