• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Salvage Operation IC Thread

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Dont want to leave discoveries to guards my friend"

As soon as Nicolai gets beside the woman he asks "is she wounded?" as he is pulled away from her by people who don't want a beggar next to a hysteric woman, he swiftly moves into the backstage to explore whatever happened there.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Alin attempts to push his way through the best as possible, looking for means to climb anything that would help him over the throng. Can't let this adventure escape! And I should help the girl too!

Tonks

First Post
Breaking away from Kerwick, Nicolai moved through the crowd as meekly as possible and amid the confusion neared Hastel and the young serving girl as the older gnome fought through the crowd trying to guide the girl back to the safety of the kitchen and brewery.

If Hastel heard Nicolai's question there is no sign, but thanks to those seeking to assist the Pearl's owner the crowd shifted enough the disguised begger to advance towards the stage.

[sblock=Bluff check] (DC 15) roll total was 27 = success[/sblock]

Growing frustrated at his inability to move foward easily, a low rumbling growl escaped from him and the two men blocking his path lowered their knives and took an involuntary step back from him. Pressing the advantage while he could, he stepped onto the stage a moment before the begger reached the platform.

[sblock=Intimidation check](DC 15) roll total 17 = success[/sblock]

From his vantage at the bar, Kerwick watches the two men reach the stage as Hastel reemerges from the kitchen. The older gnome looks towards the stage and his face turns hard.

"Get them off of there. Nobody goes in there until the guards and I do!"

From his vantage point at the bar, Kerwick saw the two men reach the

stonegod

"May be to late by then, master gnome!" Yells Alin over the crowd. His heart racing, he tries to get to the backstage door to get a look at the cause of the trouble.

Land Outcast

Explorer
"Nobody goes in there until the guards and I do!"

"Impossible, but with some luck you can be second!" Nicolai shoots back, silently thanking Alin for his extra comment on his behalf.

He moves towards his destination, and if possible, into.

Tonks

First Post
OOC: I wanted to bump this back up, but am holding off to give hafrogman and Voadam a chance to post also. One way or the other, I will move this along tomorrow.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kerwick continues sitting at the bar, staring at the two for a moment. He shakes his head a little and looks over to Hastel.

"Did she say what happened?"

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, hadn't realized you were waiting. I had stated Kerwick's intentions. Barreling through crowds and pissing off bartenders is not his style.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"I'll stop them good gnome!" Maneuvering deftly at a run through the crowd to the cleared space Bruce plants his staff and vaults onto the stage, quickly taking off after the two scofflaws into the backstage area.

ooc tumble, jump, staff synergy, acrobat idiom. Telling Bruce you can't go there decides it for him.:)

Tonks

First Post
Cursing loudly as another stranger sought to land on the stage, Kerwick observed Hastel fighting to make it through the crowd and Bruce leaping from table to table dodging the hands that sought to hold him. Kerwick could also see Hastel's face was red from anger, frustration and gods knew what else from the situation.

Alin and Nicolai both race for the backstage door and which hand pushed it open neither one could tell, but it swung open easily all the same.

[sblock=Inside the room]The coppery smell of blood and foul smell of urine are the first thing the two men register. On the floor and seeming resting in a pool of its own blood is the first body. Bloody footprints and drag lines are visible coming away from this body, heading towards you both. The second body, a female gnome dressed in finely tailored leathers, sits in a chair by the open back window, her face forever frozen in a look of pure terror and her hand locked around the grip of a bloody straight razor.[/sblock]

Landing on the stage, Bruce sees the two men staring inside the doorway and begins to advance upon them when Hastel's angry voice shouts again from near the stage.

"I swear by the gods I will have the watch haul you all away."

Again from his stool, Kerwick could see the patrons near the stage backing away from it as if they wanted nothing to do with the three men who openly defied the wishes of the owner.

stonegod

The boy's tan face grows a bit pale as he spied what was inside. This isn't as much fun anymore.
Tonks said:
"I swear by the gods I will have the watch haul you all away."
Looking directly at the barkeep, Alin puts his hands up. "Ya better get a cleric too, then! And quick. Maybe onna them still be alive!"

Remove ads