• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
'I am indeed. Tis nary a problem at all; a trivial voyage compared to the adventures of the 'Folly. They didnt tell ole Grogbeard such a fair damsel would be on this voyage.'
Ellina's mouth curls into a smile. "Well, they didn't tell me the captain was such a charmer, so I guess that makes two of us. I'd love to hear about some of the Folly's adventures--too bad it's not a longer trip."

OK, with the consensus you'd like the benefits of the spell, time being of the essence, and people wanting to get to the end of the voyage, you embark.

The crew work together as a well oiled machine as the ship leaves the cave and sets out into the void of the Astral, setting the rigging and moving the sails under the barking orders and watchful eye of the first mate Mr Christian. Meanwhile Captain Grogbeard mans the helm, singing a sea shanty of unknown origin as he turns the wheel watchfully; remarkably the gruff little pirate has the voice of an angel!

Before long, with the course set, Captain Grogbeard hands over the helm to a heavily scarred Orc, and descends into the officers quarters along with the party and Mr Christian, to partake in the feast that Bartholomew has prepared.

The Rogue is seated up the head of the table, next to the Captain (unless you object!).

Over the course of the hour he regales (mainly the Rogue, but loud enough the whole table can hear) tales of his adventures; battles with Astral Dreadnaughts (One of those cyclopean bastards ate me once, a total nightmare to get out of its belly I assure ye!) and his past adventures defeating a Demigod of Death called 'Kyuss' with a group calling themselves 'Secret Agenda' - apparently adventurers from another Prime Material plane called 'Golarion' where Grogbeard himself seems to hail from as well (A strange lot, didnt much care for them at first, but by the Gods they grew on me').

You can all make Insight checks for me at this time please.

Hm...something a bit fishy on this boat...

Insight: [18]+6=24

I assume Galvich sniffs something being off?

While he seems sincere enough, ever so occasionally, Grogbeards 'pirate speak' falters. You sense he's a lot more eloquent than he's letting on, and the 'pirate' thing could be a bit of a ruse.

Asisreo

Patron Badass
While he seems sincere enough, ever so occasionally, Grogbeards 'pirate speak' falters. You sense he's a lot more eloquent than he's letting on, and the 'pirate' thing could be a bit of a ruse.
I want to cast Message at Ellina and say "Something about Grogbeard is off. I sensed illusion magic and he's hiding a graceful mannerism in his speech patterns."

Galvich takes note of these inconsistencies but, upon seeing Christian's subtle response, decides to hold off on making any moves with the info.

Remove ads