D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Not to give away the game but consistent backstab on a reaction - pretty nasty!

See above for why that doesn't really work (you're hiding behind the fighter and reach problems).

I guess a whip works, but then cover kicks in.

For mine, a Rogue 12/ BM Fighter 3 looks better. 5 Sup dice (with the F/S from Tashas) to Riposte.

@jayoungr

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Potential Players Note:

I'm seeing a lot of overlap in the PCs submitted so far, caused likely by lack of knowledge of the other players characters abilites and also by inexperience with high level play.

Both the Bard and the Cleric are focused mainly on buffs/ debuffs and healing with limited combat oomph (barring the Bards 'charm/ dominate' effects) and the Sorcerer presented had no offensive damage dealing magic himself other than mainly 'charm/dominate' effects as well.

None of those three PCs could really deal any HP damage, and a monster immune to the Charmed condition or with Legendary resistances basically shuts them down completely.

If a monster wants to use legendary resistance on viscous mockery - more power to it!

Seriously though, we can treat this a bit of a session 0 and reevaluate. Thanks for the opportunity.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Bear in mind that in order to Hide behind the Fighter you'll be in the square behind him, and thus you're likely not going to be in reach of an enemy he's fighting.
Well--I don't know what sort of environments you're envisioning here; are you saying that hiding behind the fighter is likely to be the only melee option in a lot of cases?

As for Bonus action Hiding, you can just Bonus action Aim for advantage (as long as you dont move that round)
That's for ranged attacks, though, and I thought you wanted a melee-focused rogue.

Lucky, Alert, Resilient (Con) are all great choices on a Rogue (the latter option gives you 4 save proficiencies!)
I considered all of those and am willing to swap for one if you prefer.

For mine, a Rogue 12/ BM Fighter 3 looks better. 5 Sup dice (with the F/S from Tashas) to Riposte.
Are you saying you'd prefer a multiclass character?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
See above for why that doesn't really work (you're hiding behind the fighter and reach problems).

I guess a whip works, but then cover kicks in.

@jayoungr

Sure, but keep in mind all sneak attack needs is for someone else to be next to the target. And all Sentinel needs is for them to attack someone other than the rogue. But it can get tricky.

Sure, but keep in mind all sneak attack needs is for someone else to be next to the target. And all Sentinel needs is for them to attack someone other than the rogue. But it can get tricky.
Do you really want to be 'drawing aggro' as a Rogue with AC 15 and less than 100HP at 15th level?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Do you really want to be 'drawing aggro' as a Rogue with AC 15 and less than 100HP at 15th level?
Look, if you want me to switch it, just say so. I've already said twice that I'm willing to do it.

Ditto if you want me to multiclass.

It's your game. Just tell me what you want. The point is to experiment with classes, not to create a masterpiece of story, after all.

Look, if you want me to switch it, just say so. I've already said twice that I'm willing to do it.
I'm not having a go mate; chill! I was just discussing it with Mort there, and indicating to you that it might not work as well as the forums said it does.

It's entirely up to you :)

Mort

Legend
Supporter
OK, back to the more important issue.

Too much support, not enough oomph.

PM thread to sorry out the spells abilities to not crowd this one?

Remove ads