D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

About as expected, then.

Figure this is one of the few times that part of the ability may be useful, so if there's enough time before we start talking about his offer, I'd like to use it on the zombie in plate as well, for total class levels and current HP.
There is time.

Inferior to both.

Sizing the Zombie up, you get the impression that he was once quite a skilled swordsman, but that all went out the window on Zombification.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
The Devil listens intently, clearly impressed by your honeyed words.

He pauses, before speaking:

'Your quest is of no concern of mine, but you must be powerful indeed to have the patronage of one who can allow you to leave this place.

It seems as if we may be able to help each other out
(he pauses and politely smiles, but it discomforts you as much as anything else).

You have... impressed me Bard; and as such I may not only allow you to pass with your lives, but I also offer to aid in your quest in exchange for you guaranteeing my freedom from this place.

To assist you, I offer you two deals. You may accept either, neither or both. The choice is yours. Should you accept neither however, your lives will be forfeit here in this place, and your quest will surely go unfulfilled.

Firstly, I offer the gift of a magical item I have recently come into possession of from some... less worthy than yourself
(he glances at the 4 Zombies nearby). In exchange for this gift, I only ask for a promise from you to take me from this place when you leave. I ask for my freedom (his gaze falls on the Paladin). A small act of mercy and one within your power to grant.

Secondly, I also offer you the greatest gift of all. My
servitude. Should you accept this second deal, you will be able to summon me to aid in your quest at any time. The price for this deal is the trifling price of your soul, to be collected on your death. A small price to pay surely, for such a noble quest as yours. (he smiles again, and you really don't like the look of it this time).

One soul to save the lives of so very many. It would be a noble act indeed to make such a sacrifice for the greater good of the multiverse, and to protect the lives of billions. A sacrifice worthy of the greatest of heroes.

You may discuss the deal among yourselves as you see fit, but I require an answer within 5 minutes
(he waves his hand, and a small hourglass appears from no-where which he sets down on the ground hear the rock on which he sits).

Choose wisely, before I change my mind.

Yep.

OK then.

Group discussion :

Fighting this fiend should be our absolutely last resort!

I'm not THAT interested in a mystery magic item, but quite interested in getting past without conflict. Talking deal number one :

1. Gets us past the fiend ;
2. Buys us time to finish the mission and then decide what to do with him;
3. Seems to fall in line with the prior divination;
4. Uses little to no resources.

I'm not big on deal#2.

So currently my vote is for deal #1

Thoughts?

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
As long as he doesn't know how to leave he'd have to keep us alive, so I say just go with one and free him in the end, we can always jump him once we're outside.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
Ellina glances at the fiend to make sure he's out of earshot and whispers, "If we agree to free him, can you banish him once we're away from here?"

Alvin regards the bartering devil with a critical eye, searching its reptilian face for some sign of decency. He has heard that every devil used to be someone, so who was this?

"The numbers do not lie, and you also speak the truth. Billions will lose their lives, and perhaps even their souls, if this calamity comes to pass. What is the simple price of my own?"

"But it must be my death after we are free of this realm. I cannot risk falling in battle and not being raised to finish the fight. Do you accept?"
‐-----------------------------------------------------

Where is the fun of devilish deals if nobody ever accepts?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases