• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Save d20 Magazine Rack Donation Thread w/ Wotc prizes! [Updated 6/24]

Ghostwind

First Post
http://www.d20zines.com/html/module...=article&sid=1540&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Yes, it is true. The site will be shutdown at the end of July unless extra funding is arranged to help keep the site operational. Since the site first began, all monthly bills have been paid out of pocket by myself or the former site owner. However, due to getting smacked with large medical bills over the past 8 months from a succession of health issues and blindsided by an unexpected change in our mortgage payment for this month, it simply isn't possible for me to do it myself any longer.

On the positive side, the financial needs are under $1000 for an entire year's needs. But, in order to even come close to this, people need to be aware of this dilemma and be willing to help out. Hence my plea here.

I realize that not everyone who frequents EN World visits the d20 Magazine Rack, and more than a few here either don't care or would even be happy to see the site fail completely, but I wanted to at least try to make folks aware of our problems and hopefully tap into a little bit of the same vein of caring that saved EN World not too long ago. There is a lot that the site offers the roleplaying community and it would be a loss to see it all vanish into the void.

If you do wish to help out with a donation, there is a Paypal donation button on the main page of the d20 Magazine Rack site or you can email me at creech[at]dragonwing[dot]net for my address if you would rather mail a check or money order.

Thanks for listening and my heartfelt gratitude to those that do extend us financial help in this crisis.

Update: Congratulations are in order! So far, $1597 has been donated. Our target goal was $1000.

Publishers who are contributing prizes to random individuals who donate: 0one Games, Clockwork Golem, Creative Mountain Games, Dark Quest Games, DogHouse Rules, ENPublishing, Expeditious Retreat Press, Hekoya Studios, Highmoon Media Productions, Le Games, Malhavoc Press, Parent's Basement Games, Red Spire Press, Ronin Arts, RPGObjects, ST Cooley Publishing, Sword's Edge Publishing, The Kyngdoms, Twin Rose Software, UKG Publishing, and Wizards of the Coast.

Prizes include:
* 0one Games -- 1 copy of each of their 27 products. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Clockwork Golem -- 10 copies of their entire line from RPGNow.com (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Creative Mountain Games -- 3 copies of SRD 3.5 Revised, Favorite Packs, or Variant Rules Packs to be chosen by winner. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Dark Quest Games -- 1 copy of each of their products. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* DogHouse Rules -- 1 Sidewinder Recoiled, 1 Frontier Towns: Fort Griffin (Volume 1), 1 Frontier Towns: Fort Griffin (Volume 2), and 1 Fort Griffin Echo (Volume 1, Number 2). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* ENPublishing -- 1 Elements of Magic set (contains Elements of Magic revised & Lyceian Arcana), 2 Necromancer sets (contains all three Necromancer's Legacy PDFs), 1 Critters set (contains all three E.N. Critters PDFs), 1 Toolbook set (contains Four Color to Fantasy, Deadly Games, Everyone Else, Steam & Steel and Tournaments, Fairs & Taverns). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Expeditious Retreat Press -- 5 copies of Magical Society. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Hekoya Studios -- 5 copies of The Book of Curses, En Ferreus Veritas, Class Distinctions: The Magus, The Fifth Tribe, and Facades. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Highmoon Media Productions -- 1 Bardic Lore: Ogham, 1 Bardic Lore: The Fachan, 1 Liber Soladitas: Scions of the Holy Traid, 1 Liber Soladitas: Erzak's Drake Riders, 1 Liber Soladitas: The Blind Path, plus pdf releases from MonkeyGod Enterprises. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Le Games -- Artifacts I: Ducks of Ultimate Doom, Artifacts II: Lawn of the Dead, 17 Magic Weapons, Unorthodox Monks, Unorthodox Clerics, and SRD Illustrated: Core Classes (to be given away as a package to everyone who donates). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Malhavoc Press -- 2 pdf copies of Arcana Evolved: Ruins of Intrigue and Arcana Evolved: Transcendence plus 1 print copy of Book of Roguish Luck and Hyperconscious. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Parent's Basement Games -- 3 copies of Murchad's Legacy. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Red Spire Press -- 5 copies of Dark Legacies Player's Guide. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Ronin Arts -- 6 saddle-stitched copies of Superline #1. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* RPGObjects -- 1 hardcover copy of Legends of Excalibur. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* ST Cooley Publishing -- 5 sets of "every work published to date through S.T. Cooley Publishing." (Enchiridion Series (Volumes 1-3), the Basic Player's Guide, Buy the Numbers, Arcane Arsenal: Buildup Spells, Trouble in the River City, and the Burning Sage's Demesne). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Sword's Edge Publishing -- 2 Raid on Ashkashem, 2 The Qalashar Device, 2 Khorforjan Gambit (not yet released), 1 Complete Albenistan Series (when the Khorforjan Gamit has been released). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* The Kyngdoms -- 3 copies of The Kyngdoms Campaign Setting PDF. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Twin Rose Software -- 1 copy of Campaign Suite Extended, 1 copy of CSX plus Psionics Expansion, and 1 copy of CSX upgrade from Campaign Suite 3.0 edition. (Winners names have been drawn.)

* UKG Publishing -- 1 copy of their entire product line (Fantasy Base Tiles: Addon Set One, Mapz 'n' Tilez: Temple of the Spider God, Master Plan - Crypts and Corridors, Master Plan - Dungeon Rooms One, Master Plan - Fantasy Base Tiles, Master Plan - SciFi Base Tiles, Master Plan - Ships One, Master Plan - Shrines, Master Plan - Starships One, Master Plan : Sci Fi Base Tiles: Addon Compilation, Master Plan: Caves, Master Plan: Chambers of Pain, Master Plan: Inns and Taverns, Master Plan: Modern - Ordo Templi Orientis, Master Plan: Modern - Subway, Master Plan: Necropolis, Master Plan: Sewers, Master Plan: Starships Two, Master Plan: The Village, Master Plan: Wizards Chamber, ORCC-15a Orion Class Light Carrier, Pegasus 29 - Olympus Class Station, Piledrivers and Powerbombs, RCC-GT Retribution Class Carrier, SBLC-22 Swingback Light Cruiser, TCCF-5 Terra Class Freighter, The Aesir Line of Fighters, The Crypt Keeper - Volume 1 (Revised), The Crypt Keeper - Volume 2, Tilez - Fantasy, Tilez - Sci-Fi, Tokens, Villages - Buckland Treath, Villages - Clayton Moor, and Villages - Mapleton). (Winners names have been drawn.)

* Wizards of the Coast -- instructions regarding the acquisition of these books can be found here.

Sword's Edge Publishing has made a very generous announcement regarding assisting in the effort to keep the site alive here. In addition, Bastion Press will donate 15% of all online sales until June 30th to the donation effort.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Sorry to hear this sTeve, I know you and a lot of other people have done some great work to make that site the quality site it is. Best of luck!!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Steve - email me about us setting up a give-away of some ENProducts to people who donate to the cause.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ouch! Having been there myself, I know how painful this can be. Let me know what I can do to help!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I'll try my darndest to send something next week. Money's a bit tight personally, but I REALLY don't want to see that site leave.

HellHound

Just a quick note to say I had an email error last night that stopped all mail sent to me since about 10:00 last night until now.

I fixed it.

So please email me again, Steve.

Ghostwind

First Post
Thanks for the positive encouragement Henry, Crothian, and Morrus. Anything you guys can do to help get more folks involved would be a huge asset, even if it's just putting a sticky to this thread so it isn't lost in the shuffle quickly. :)

HellHound

No, sticky just means no one will read it.

Instead, we shall encourage active discussion and participation, which will keep this thread near the top of the forum.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads