• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Saving against daze in the "middle" of your turn

Mengu

First Post
Paladins have been making saves against daze using their channel divinity, and continuing their turns since PHB1, at least in my games... ;)

Fanaelialae

Legend
The comparable case is with Slow. If you are Slowed in the middle of your move, and you've already moved at least 2, your move stops.

Likewise with Daze, if you get dazed on your turn and you've already taken 1+ actions, you're done.

I'd argue it works the other way just as well!

-O

I'd say that the comparable case would be an ability that negates Slow during your movement.

For example, imagine something like this:

Freedom of Movement
Free action
Effect: You are no longer slowed or immobilized.

If you move 3 spaces, get hit by slow and use FoM to negate it, I'd say you should be able to continue your movement. After all, you're no longer slowed when you continue moving.

As such, I'd say that if someone successfully removes daze before their one action is over, they can continue their turn unimpeded. That's the way we've always ruled it anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads