• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands and EoM

Montar

First Post
First of all, hello to everyone. I'm a long-time lurker who finally decided to post. :)

My question is; has anyone used Elements of Magic in the Scarred Lands setting? Does it work well or does the setting lose some of its "flavor" if you use a different magic system?

Thanks in advance!

Glaurung

First Post
I have not, but I can tell you there is a book coming out for Wizards, sorcerers and Bards for Scarred Lands in February called the Player's Guide to Sorcerers, Bards, and Wizards. What is Elements of Magic anyway?-I'm not familar with it.

-Mike Gill

Montar

First Post
Elements of Magic is a product put out by Natural Press that defines an entirely new kind of magic system for d20. Instead of the usual slots it uses mana points and a system of spell lists. It's a fantastic product and I really like it, but I wonder if using it in a Scarred Lands campaign would cause some loss of "setting" flavor. There's a bunch of really neat spells in the Relics & Rituals books and I don't know if they'd be usable any more.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads