• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands...Very Impressed

Scarab

First Post
I'm torn between Scarred Lands and Iron Kingdoms.

So I'm combining them. :)

So far, the story is that the gods won by introducing technology, though afterwards most of them disliked it and there are just a few gods who support technology.

Potential story hour coming soon. :)

The Scarred Lands is fantastic.

One of the great aspects of Scarred Lands products to date is that even if you don't plan on using the campaign world itself, the information and ideas presented can easily be dropped into any existing campaign world. So either way theres really no excuse not to check it out!

Daredevill34

First Post
Hi all.

I'm with ya! Love the Scarred Lands setting. Especially Hollowfaust.:eek:

Is Mithril as good? I have'nt seen that one yet. Is the Golem animated?

King_Stannis

Explorer
really like scarred lands. fit into my birthright campaign as the mysterious continent of aduria.

mithril is good. the golem is not animated...yet.

Sulimo

First Post
Hoody Hoo! another SL thread.

As for whether Mithril is as good as Hollowfaust, I'm not really sure what to say. Mithril isnt as wacky as Hollowfaust. Its a city thats a bit more traditional.

Theron

Explorer
Just another post saying, "It's all good" (also to make sure my account works properly).

This past week, I finally completed my collection of SL stuff published so far, and the only complaint I have is with the heraldry in the map (but I'm admittedly picky about heraldic artwork). If that's the worst I can come up with, it's no complaint at all.

Andor

First Post
Hollowfaust

I recently bought the Hollowfaust book. It was Great! The city is creepy, and dark and patrols of the undead keep the nightly curfew. It's also one of the safest places to live on the whole continent. It is run by a council of Necromancers interested in nothing but their own benefit, but bright enough to realize that an efficient and honest civil service to handle the day to day running of the city competantly is to their benefit.

And some of those prestige classes.. A necromancerish prestige class for Bards! And the Unfailing. The Unfailing are a fighter based prestige class for the bodyguards of necromancers. They are not overpowered but damm they must look scary in game. (High Level Assasin with Dagger. "Hah, critical hit with my dagger take 60 points of damage" Unfailing "I'm immune to piercing criticals. What is the base damage?" "Uh, 4?" "So with my damage reduction, 2?") - In Game. The Assasin suddenly plunges his knife into the bodyguards heart in the middle of dinner and twists it to be sure of his death. The Bodyguard glances down at the hilt imbeded in his chest and comments "Dammit, that was a new shirt."

-Andor

Sulimo

First Post
Theron said:
Just another post saying, "It's all good" (also to make sure my account works properly).

This past week, I finally completed my collection of SL stuff published so far,
*grumble* I still dont have the Screen or Champions yet.

and the only complaint I have is with the heraldry in the map (but I'm admittedly picky about heraldic artwork). If that's the worst I can come up with, it's no complaint at all.
Aside from some layout issues, the only complaint I have is with the maps.

There seems to be some consistency problems. Examining the distance from Mithril to Mullis town I noticed that ccording to the Gazetteer map its about 350 miles as the Wrack Dragon files, but only about 210 miles according to the Mithril map.

I assume the gazetteer is right...

Last edited:

Remove ads