Scenario based on these Pictures

HinterWelt

First Post
So, we got back from a little camping vacation to Shawnee National Park, specifically Giant City, in southern IL. So, based on the following pictures, come up with a short scenario description. Any genre, any location.

Entry:
entry.jpg

Passage:
passage.jpg

Wall:
wall.jpg

Bill

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I got nothing, but those are cool pics. That said, they're also pics that could be of almost any published dungeon environment. You need to post the pics of the giant sinkhole, the evil cultists, and the evil god-thing if you want somebody to creae a compelling adventure ;)

HinterWelt

First Post
The sad thing was the "Wall" had a very cool formally chiseled lettering on it dated 1930 or so and it did not show up on the pic. Spoooooky....

Bill

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The sad thing was the "Wall" had a very cool formally chiseled lettering on it dated 1930 or so and it did not show up on the pic. Spoooooky....

Bill

I've done a fair amount of subterranean photography, specifically of names carved into rock. Next time, try taking the pic with the light angled at an approximately 40 degree angle. And don't use a flash.

How about a scenario where I get homesick... I grew up about 7 minutes from there!
Those photos remind me of the cliffs right out of my front door and the backyard I played in as I grew up. Sorry I can't help with a story, but thanks for the memories. :cool:

This pass is the only way into the dead city of Na'Gara. Once this was a haven of peoples of many races half orc , elven and drawven mingled among humans , halflings, and gnomes.

Now only the dead live here.

Over view. The pc's must travel to the ruined city of Na'gara and find the lost orb of unity. In this adventurer they must over come the unforgiving wilderness, The barbaric drwaven tribesmen and the undead of the ruined city.

Part 3 the pass.

The party comes upon this passage into the lost city.The walls are 15' tall and lined with runes hankering back to a different time.

[Traps ] This corridor is lined with deadly traps . Anyone not speaking " We bring no harm" in the ancient tongue oF Na'gara will trigger the traps.

trap CR8 power word stun.

Lurking about this corridor are 2 creatures, Samburl and his creations EL10

Samburl graveborn wraith CR 9[ see apendix]
Wraiths CR5

Something like this?

HinterWelt

First Post
I've done a fair amount of subterranean photography, specifically of names carved into rock. Next time, try taking the pic with the light angled at an approximately 40 degree angle. And don't use a flash.

I will try and remember that.

Until then, this is th closest I can get to a cult member...
TheoPassage.jpg

Bill

HinterWelt

First Post
How about a scenario where I get homesick... I grew up about 7 minutes from there!
Those photos remind me of the cliffs right out of my front door and the backyard I played in as I grew up. Sorry I can't help with a story, but thanks for the memories. :cool:
Glad I could help. Extraordinary coolness abounds there! I highly recommend it for nature photographers.

This pass is the only way into the dead city of Na'Gara. Once this was a haven of peoples of many races half orc , elven and drawven mingled among humans , halflings, and gnomes.

Now only the dead live here.

Over view. The pc's must travel to the ruined city of Na'gara and find the lost orb of unity. In this adventurer they must over come the unforgiving wilderness, The barbaric drwaven tribesmen and the undead of the ruined city.

Part 3 the pass.

The party comes upon this passage into the lost city.The walls are 15' tall and lined with runes hankering back to a different time.

[Traps ] This corridor is lined with deadly traps . Anyone not speaking " We bring no harm" in the ancient tongue oF Na'gara will trigger the traps.

trap CR8 power word stun.

Lurking about this corridor are 2 creatures, Samburl and his creations EL10

Samburl graveborn wraith CR 9[ see apendix]
Wraiths CR5

Something like this?
Excellent! Yes, very much so. This hopefully will stimulate a few folks on adventures. If it does please feel free to use the photos if you want to.

Thanks,
Bill

Your party is tired and down beaten. You have been marching foir hours through a wooded mountain side for a while now. A storm is brewing to top off your day. Seeking selter you go to where some rock formations can be seen. As you get closer you see these formations have man (humanoid) made paths and stairs within them.

Studying them as you seek shelter your scrib / mage discovers ancient runes. These stones were used to commune with nature. They are also...

Lightning begins to streak across the sky. One of your party members wonders out loud why it seems the storm is centered on these rocks.

Lightning strikes nearby and the afterglow remains as a portal opens.......

Remove ads