• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scenario based on these Pictures

Hinterwelt- Don't look now but you have a goblin in your ruins!

My recent trip to Ausable Chasms I took many photos also of the rock formations, caves and trails as ideas for gaming. Its nice to see others do this also.

I didn't get a good picture of it but one spot I've seen in the past was a rocky island in a river with a live tree that grew from the shore and partically fell onto this island.

So..... Elves live within this HUGE tree that connects land with water. The imagery I have in my mind of a sailing ship floating under this tree sends shivers down my imaginative DM mind.... ;)

HinterWelt

First Post
Hinterwelt- Don't look now but you have a goblin in your ruins!
AHHH! Gnomes!! They will steal my underpants!!!
My recent trip to Ausable Chasms I took many photos also of the rock formations, caves and trails as ideas for gaming. Its nice to see others do this also.

I didn't get a good picture of it but one spot I've seen in the past was a rocky island in a river with a live tree that grew from the shore and partically fell onto this island.

So..... Elves live within this HUGE tree that connects land with water. The imagery I have in my mind of a sailing ship floating under this tree sends shivers down my imaginative DM mind.... ;)
You should post the picture anyway. As much as I tried, the pics I have of Giant City really did not do it justice. I should have had my wide angle out and even then I have a feeling you just had to be there. It was the type of place where you just think "Man, I want to take my group here and say SEE!! THIS IS WHAT I MEAN!!!!!"

Great ideas everyone! Keep them coming. I intend to post my idea for a Shades of Earth adventure shortly here.

Bill

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A party of "adventurers in training" are being taught nature & survival skills by a master Ranger/Scout in order to prepare them for being stationed on the country's frontier borders with the barbarian Horse Tribes to the northwest.

One night during such training mission, the party is ambushed by a group of brigands who manage to mortally wound the party's mentor, though the PCs do manage to drive them off. In the melee, valuable food and maps are also lost.

Now they must find their way back to civilization while bearing their unconscious mentor...and the brigands they defeated earlier have decided to harry them the whole way.

As they pass through a concealed crevasse, they find a mysterious message scraped into the pass' walls, right above the unmoving, broken-legged skeleton wearing the tattered livery of the nation's king...from a century ago! Beside it lies the rusted knife used to scrawl the message, and a still-sealed diplomatic scroll-case...

LostSoul

Adventurer
The nearby town boys have had a ritual for generations: spend a night at the wall and carve your name in the rock.

The entrance is a portal to the Feywild, though they don't realize they've made the step into another world. Smells become more vibrant, the light and shadows are more dramatic, and the wind in the trees rustles almost as if it had a voice of its own.

At night, the spirits come out to play. They whisper to anyone who stays there. They whisper the future. They whisper the name that the boy will have when he grows into a man.

A group of boys went out recently. One of them was always getting picked on, more interested in his studies than the regular pursuits of boyhood. The spirits whispered to him. They named him "Murderer."

Hate grew in him. The power of his hate attracted the fey spirits, creatures who live for intense emotion. They gave him power in exchange for the experience of true feeling.

He left the wall and went back to his home. One by one, his bullies died. The fey exalt in the experience. Sweet vengance, fear, hatred, and the most sublime experience they know: murder.

Game stuff: He's a Fey Pact Warlock, and more powerful in the Feywild.

Remove ads