D&D 3E/3.5 Scientific names

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Assassin vine-vinius murdirious drainius it’s a vine that wraps around the victims neck and simultaneously drains the fluids from their bodies & strangles them to death!

Parthenocissus sicarius

A shelled ancestor of the octopus/squid (I forgot the creatures common name) aquatic druidus (I chose the name because they are often considered the druids of the sea for their concern for the aquatic environment)

The shelled ancestors & cousins of the unshelled cephalopods are ammonites and nautiloids, respectively. Never heard the “druids of the sea” term, though.

Are you talking about something specific from a book or module?

abe ray

Explorer
I need to know more than that!

It’s a sentient member of the species that’s concerned about the environment around him/her and wants to preserve it by removing “junk” from the oceans floor. It has limited magical abilities as well. I think it’s the first creature you mentioned but it’s under giant first.

abe ray

Explorer
Moonflower-think the antagonist plant from invasion of the pod people, it’s from pathfinder monster book 3 podius homocaptious monotionious? The pod people are without emotion so the last word make sense, also the pod people are usually human originally so the second word made sense to me to use.

abe ray

Explorer
Bloodstinger-the missing link between the pseudodragon & the Wyvern-pseudodragonmorph slowstingus, it’s got 4 limbs, a pair of wings & a poisonous stinger that first slows then kills its victim!
Shadow panther-the missing link between the wemic & the displacer beast- wemicmorph bonehookius- it looks superficially like a pantherized wemic but has a pair of tentacles with bone hooks on the end of them.
Both of these come from the article that had the marble pudding in it.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases