D&D 5E Scientist background

aco175

Legend
I could see some sort of benefit based on the university. I think medieval scientists had some sort of collection of learning centers where information would trade and flow. This may have been mostly through religion, but in a fantasy world, there could be other places of gathered knowledge like elves and dragons having centers or hidden libraries. Old nations with obscure tomes in not used languages have people that may be able to research and send the PC the information needed.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I could see some sort of benefit based on the university. I think medieval scientists had some sort of collection of learning centers where information would trade and flow. This may have been mostly through religion, but in a fantasy world, there could be other places of gathered knowledge like elves and dragons having centers or hidden libraries. Old nations with obscure tomes in not used languages have people that may be able to research and send the PC the information needed.
Yup! they were called universities. Most of the older European Universities started out in the Middle Ages, many of them grew out of earlier religious institutions of learning (Oxford, Paris), but quite a few were founded by Royal or Noble patronage.

Remove ads