• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

scoop: 4e gamma world

so does anyone know anything about this?
I really hope to see firearm rules, and modern vehicals... maybe even a new ranged defender...

I think this could also be the start of second small setting relases later int eh year then the main setting...

Siberys

Adventurer
"Genre Setting" - interesting phrase.

I foresee an oriental book along these lines.

EDIT: I'm rather excited about this. I have a friend who loves original GW.

ggroy

First Post
So far the details are somewhat vague.

Will it be a full 4E setting book (ie. like Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Dark Sun)?

Or will it be like a boardgame, similar to what they're doing with Ravenloft?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Ravenloft-Wizards-RPG-Team/dp/0786955570"]Amazon.com: Castle Ravenloft: A D&D Boardgame (4th Edition D&D) (9780786955572): Wizards RPG Team: Books[/ame]

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Reposting due to duplicate thread:

Just saw that myself! Glad to see it coming back. I was hoping we'd see something modern-ish for 4e. Gamma World is a nice surprise, though!

Now, how do we get Star Frontiers? ;)

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My guess is that this is the effective 4e face of d20 Modern. ;)

Actually, it fits as a setting. Mostly fantasy-based, using non-magical classes (no arcane, divine, or primal magic, but probably psionics, and of course martial talent, and perhaps "biological" or "technological" power sources). A sprinkling of tech goes good on magic, and it might tone down the wahoo to make it a decent setting.

Hmmm....I'm intrigued. It's clearly not a board game, and it seems to be a stand-alone game that perhaps uses 4e as a baseline for rules. Not part of the D&D game per se, but the newest version of Gamma World, like the previous two versions used the d20 rules.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads