Scorch's Story Hour AKA The Endhome Six (updated 6/18/04)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
dravot said:
Well, apparently CLW potions are for bringing clerics back from the brink of oblivion, and clerics are for consuming CLW potions.
Mean Nasty Hobbit! Just for that I'll have to start back on this story hour.

(Finally) :eek:

pogre

Legend
Argent Silvermage said:
Mean Nasty Hobbit! Just for that I'll have to start back on this story hour.

(Finally) :eek:

Sounds great - I look forward to seeing it!

PS - any pics of the last session Scorch et al?

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
pogre said:
Sounds great - I look forward to seeing it!

PS - any pics of the last session Scorch et al?
Sorry Pogre Not this time. no time for fun activities like hirst during the holidays. But Miccah kicked some Squid orifice in the last game.
and finaly at 3rd level we found actual magic items!!!!!

old school 1E

First Post
Interlude (or an attempt at one anyway)

Okay okay, its a bump in disguise! :) Thanks to Scorch et al for inviting me to play in this beta game. Because of when I started, there is going to be a gap between when they go into the sewers and when I join the party. I will keep this update brief so that grimm (or whoever is writing the story hour) can update it to the point where I join the party....

... oh, and my character's name is Ivo, so dont be confused by the 3rd person writing :)

Note to other players: Feel free to read the following. I wanted to try and work this info into the storyline to make my character a little more "3-dimensional". Given the close calls in combat (which I'm sure will be discussed in a future update) and the relatively little role play time in town, consider the following as "information discovered" during drinking nights in town, conversations along the way to places, etc. :)

------------------------------------------

Ivo smiled as he walked to the King's Road Inn. The sun was shining and the weather was fair for this time of year, making the quick jaunt from the Wizard's Academy to the Inn a pleasant stroll. His mind was occupied, however, with thoughts of adventure. He had taken an interest in a party who traversed the sewers and was interested in joining up with them as they continued their adventures outside the city. His mentor had prepared him well in the art of wizardry and even provided some extra magic in the form of scrolls in order to help him succeed in the outside world. Hopefully the group he had heard about by reputation would not turn him away from joining. If there were any doubts from them, he was sure his large jingling purse could persuade them otherwise.

He entered the Inn and ordered a pint of the usual, and enjoyed the brew as he scanned the room for the potential party. His eyes locked on a motley bunch that could only have been brought together for one reason: adventure.

"Interesting," Ivo thought to himself as he took a racial inventory of the group, "two humans are with a gnome, a halfling, a dwarf and a ..." His current assay of the party was interrupted by memories of childhood upon seeing the elf. Painful, cruel memories of the taunts resurfaced in his mind. Names like "brute", "halfbreed", and other less kind names in elvish were brought to the forefront, momentarily causing his face to grimmace. Ivo never fit in well with elvish society. His uncanny intelligence helped him learn the language, customs, and culture of the elves. In many ways he was more elvish than the full bloods, but the pace that his body developed always marked him as being different. When he came to the Wizard's Academy, though, the human who founded the academy judged him not on who he was, but his natural ability to handle magic. Perhaps thats why he always preferred the company of humans. Granted, he was not as physically imposing as a human, but his elvish features often earned him tolance, if not respect, among the humans in the town. After all, to most humans he was an elf, and his ability to weild magic helped solidify this perception among humans.

Ivo snapped out of his momentary stroll down memory lane and continued to study the group. Finishing his drink, he decided to approach them with a proposal to join their group. The group was hesitant at first, with the elf openly questioning his motives. Ivo kept his emotions in check. This paid off- well, that and offering to buy everyone horses for the upcoming leg of the adventure- because the party decided to let Ivo join the group. They split up to make preparations for the upcoming journey, which Ivo was only told was to "a city in the north". Ivo returned to the Wizard's Academy, and prepared his things for the journey. He then went to purchase horses and supplied before getting a good night's rest as the party wanted to start off to this still un-named city early in the morning.

---------------------------------------------------

If someone else could write a quick synopsis of what happened between the sewers and when I joined up with the group, I would be more than happy to keep updating the story hour from here on. :)

pogre

Legend
Here's what I suggest old school. Start a new thread and paste Argent's posts into the beginning. That way you can edit the title of the thread - particularly the update date. Just keep going from where you are at - I'm sure the others will fill things in of importance.

Remove ads