Scorch's Story Hour AKA The Endhome Six (updated 6/18/04)

WizarDru

Adventurer
We're going toe-to-toe with some unpleasant fellows in the sewer. Again.

Oh, and Ravenspur finally cast a 1st level spell.

Expect pictures sometime tomorrow. :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
Here's those pictures I promised. Sorry for the delay.

First: the Fickle Finger of Scorch. :)

Endhome1.jpg

Next: A Secret Door? (Dig those awesome cave pieces!)

Endhome2.jpg

Ah, ha! An entire hidden cave complex! Filled with RATS!

Endhome3.jpg

Finally: No, not rats....WERERATS!!!

Endhome4.jpg

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I am Evil!

I really do feel bad... I just haven't had the time originaly then a few health problems had me on my back for a while... I have many excuses but it boils down to I just have a bad case or writers block. I'll post what I have written up to now....

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Endhome part 2

The scribe squints his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose to ward off the strain placed on his eyes. He knows he must read further; the Endhome Six is a tale worth reading. He shakes his shaggy head and turns the page to chapter two.

The six entered Endhome early in the day and set about finding lodging. Endhome was a big city sitting at the foot of a mountain range and the sea. It cobbled streets and stone and plaster buildings almost made Miccah feel homesick.

He had been sent to Endhome to check on a Priest of Heironeous named Kabbal Sharn. It would seem that the cleric had been sent to Endhome years ago to start a church of the “Lightning-Sword” but had not been heard from in almost a year and a half. His last communication was that he had found a source of evil and was about to deal with it.

Almost as soon as they had entered the city Keldin the ranger bid them goodbye and was off looking into his own affairs letting them know he would meet up with them later. Aistlin and Absinthe walked the streets seeking their own brands of sport. Adson walked with purpose, the ends of his blindfold billowing behind him in the wind.

Ravenspur and Miccah were deep into one of their more philosophical debates when they found the inn that Widow Frisk had mentioned. The inn was rather non-descript on the outside, but it did have a sign on it with actual letters and words. They entered and the place was fairly well packed. Moving with the grace of the wind Adson made his way to a table big enough for the group, while Miccah made his way to the bar.

“How may I be of assistance, master Dwarf?” said the barkeep.

“I’ll have six tankards of ale and some food brought to that table,” said Miccah, pointing to the rest of his group.

“Most surely sir. Never let it be said that Barnky keeps his patrons dry and hungry,” the barkeep said and sent a waiting girl over to the table.

All but Miccah had decided to stay at this inn for a few nights. Miccah wanted to stay at the temple, where he belonged.

While eating, Absinthe noticed a small group of people watching them with interest. There was an armored human, a Halfling, a figure in black cloaks and a very ugly man that Adson identified as a monk like himself. Ravenspur asked the waitress who they were and she looked at them and crossed herself.

“They’s a rough bit of trouble sir. The Elf is called Dagon. He’s the one in black.” Miccah saw a pale white hand reach for a mug and the hood pulled away revealing an emaciated looking Elvin male.

“Now you all look like the honest types, so please just leave them be and everything should be fine for you,” the girl said, pointedly looking at Absinthe when she said it.

Miccah, however, had other plans. As the quartet made to leave the inn, Miccah drew close and attempted to turn undead on the elf. Why he would do this was beyond the scribes understanding, but that is what he did and to no affect at all. The four ruffians didn’t even seem to notice him. The rest of the six simply looked at the young cleric with a mixture of amusement and shock. Miccah sat back down without a word and just smiled to himself.

Later in the day after the six had made provisions for the night, they went in search of the market place where they could sell the axes they had taken from the dead Grimlocks. After a few detours, they came upon the stand of Fini Shieldman, a halfling merchant who specialized in weapons and armor. After Absinthe haggled on a price for the weapons, the six were to go their separate ways until morning.

This was not to be however…

Just as Absinthe was counting the gold pieces, there was a loud boom from below-ground and a noise like metal slamming against metal. Miccah was caught awestruck as a manhole cover exploded into the air and the arc brought it directly down on him. He was even more awestruck that he didn’t feel any pain. Then he realized that Ravenspur had some how knocked him out of the way of the deadly missile. Adson and Aistlin were the first at the manhole behind the halfling’s shop and looked down into the depths. The smell of smoke and feces assailed the nose to the point of gagging.

After some squabbling, Miccah decided to enter the sewers and investigate. The cleric returned, a few moments later and he said that he saw a human’s body blasted into wet bloody chunks and a huge hole blasted into the side of the sewer. He called for the others to come down. Reluctant, the promise of coin from the equally reluctant town watch convinced them. After checking to see if the blasted area was stable enough for exploration, they advanced into the secret room behind the sewer wall.

Absinthe looked over the remains of the human and seeing a tattoo on his hand proclaimed him a thief and a part of the local guild. Adson grabbed a torch and Aistlin and Miccah led the way in.

The room ahead was fairly well destroyed, but Absinthe searched it, looking for anything that might explain why this room and the rooms beyond existed. She had just made it to the far side of the room when two skeletons animated and attacked her. Miccah called upon the power of Heironius and the skeleton knights attempted to flee down the corridor to the west. Adson and Aistlin took them out in a hurry.

The next room was a library of sorts mostly, damaged by age. Ravenspur was able to find a set of papers from a wizard, presumably the owner of the hideout, on attaining lichdom.

(to be continued)

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
We're working up the next batch of updates, kids. Honest!

In the meantime, want to see a game of the Meepites playing Barakus in our brand-spanking new GameRoom? Sure you do!

To celebrate, we all turned 2nd level! Sure, it took three potential TPKs to do it, but hey, what are CLW potions and clerics for, anyways? :)

dravot

First Post
WizarDru said:
To celebrate, we all turned 2nd level! Sure, it took three potential TPKs to do it, but hey, what are CLW potions and clerics for, anyways? :)
Well, apparently CLW potions are for bringing clerics back from the brink of oblivion, and clerics are for consuming CLW potions.

Remove ads