Scoring several Midnight books = yay!

SSquirrel

Explorer
Ok, no one probably cares, but I was at Half Price books earlier this week and found the 2nd Ed Midnight book for $8. Had to wait to get more than that until payday this weekend, but I also picked up the Fury and Shadow box set for $8, and the Hand of Shadow, City of Shadow, Destiny and Shadow, Forge of Shadow, Honor and Shadow, Steel and Shadow, Star and Shadow books for $4 each.

The setting has seemed interesting for awhile, but my gaming group isn't exactly the most reliable and it was hard to justify buying the book if I wasn't going to use it much/at all, esp to my wife who is also a gamer but thinks I have too much stuff in general already :) This she was ok with tho. Just had to share my good fortune, now to read it all.

jephlewis

First Post
Ok, no one probably cares, but I was at Half Price books earlier this week and found the 2nd Ed Midnight book for $8. Had to wait to get more than that until payday this weekend, but I also picked up the Fury and Shadow box set for $8, and the Hand of Shadow, City of Shadow, Destiny and Shadow, Forge of Shadow, Honor and Shadow, Steel and Shadow, Star and Shadow books for $4 each.

The setting has seemed interesting for awhile, but my gaming group isn't exactly the most reliable and it was hard to justify buying the book if I wasn't going to use it much/at all, esp to my wife who is also a gamer but thinks I have too much stuff in general already :) This she was ok with tho. Just had to share my good fortune, now to read it all.
No one cares?!? Of course we do; these are lean times, friend, and someone spending their money on gaming books is like, giving ME permission to go out and do the same, cuz like other people are doing it and stuff :p

Seriously, it's awesome you found a good buy at a good price. FFG had a sale before xmas and I picked up most of the midnight line; I like it.

Midnight reminds me of ravenloft and oathbound.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
This appears to be a chain-wide thing, folks--I spotted massive amounts of product at the five different HPBs I visited today. $8 for the core book and the Fury of Shadow boxed set, $4 for the supplements.

EDIT: As to why, I suspect that with the d20STL expired, a lot of companies have to liquidate their stock.

Last edited:

Remove ads