• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward [3.5E D&D] [OOC 02]

Lou

Explorer
Attorneys in Texas are not exempt from jury duty. So I went through the process today as prospective juror 15. The court seated jurors 1-12, and I got to go back to work.

Lou

Explorer
But your still a venireman for several more weeks at least, aren't you?

No, not for this jury pool. This was for Justice Court. In Texas, that's a combination small claims and minor criminal court that is not of record (no transcripts for the non-legal people), where the judge is a Justice of the Peace, who doesn't have to be an attorney. There are no appeals; You just refile in County Court de novo.

The jury pool was 30. All 30 showed up in southwest Harris County. The two 6-person jury trials scheduled were an eviction and a small claims against Chase Bank. The voir dire was waived for the first trial, so the first 6 were chosen. The Chase Bank attorney asked some questions about how people felt about large banks, but she chose not to use her three strikes. So the second 6 were chosen.

The good news for this call was that at most, it would take part of two days. The bad news is that it doesn't count as jury duty long enough to exempt anyone from jury duty for the next two years.

Scotley

Hero
Merry Christmas all. I don't expect to post much until the weekend. I'd like to see this game get moving again in the New Year. My fellow DM has done some diabolical very good work and we have lots of stuff planned for you. We just need to make a commitment to regular posting again. The last few month of 2014 was very hectic for me, but things are looking better and I should be a more prolific poster. I'd like to say thank you to my long suffering Co-Dm for keeping this thing afloat with very little help from me. As I said I plan to post much more frequently in the coming weeks, so once you get the holiday madness behind you chime in and we'll see how many players are ready to continue. I'm looking forward to lots of gaming fun with you all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads