• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scratch on my cell phone screen...

So - I just got a new cell phone. It's a funky-slider phone that I really like, but yesterday on my walk from work to the subway station I managed to get an enormous scratch on the screen. At first I thought it was just a blemish that I would be able to wash off, but no such luck!

I'm super miffed b/c it's *brand new* and I paid almost as much for the nice case as I did for the phone itself so that it *wouldn't* get scratched, but somehow I managed to take a huge gash out of the screen.

I realize there's no way to "fix it," just wondering if anyone has a solution to attempt to make it a little less obvious? (it's a pretty bad scratch).

Turanil

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
just wondering if anyone has a solution to attempt to make it a little less obvious? (it's a pretty bad scratch).
When in public, just pretend you boycott cellphones.

Or you may use this new device that is put on the ear, while the phone remains in the pocket. So you will look like up to the latest fashion, and nobody will know that you actually hide them the fact your phone is now obsolete scratched. :p

Turanil said:
When in public, just pretend you boycott cellphones.

Or you may use this new device that is put on the ear, while the phone remains in the pocket. So you will look like up to the latest fashion, and nobody will know that you actually hide them the fact your phone is now obsolete scratched. :p
Gotta be a good sign when my biggest hurdle in life is the scratch on my cell phone. ;) :lol: (Life is good.)

kyloss

First Post
I use a water based black marker and then wipe it off imeadiatly, it sticks in the crevices of the scratch but wipes off of the rest of the screen, - but make sure it is water based so it can be removed easily if it doesnt look good- I'v only used it on black and white not color screens, but it does make the scratch *almost* disapear.

Last edited:

Xath

Moder-gator
Dunno what to do to fix it, but next time, I'd suggest getting one of the clear plastic covers that go over the LCD. They take the scratches and dirt instead of the actual screen, and then you can peel them off and replace them easily.

SG1Laura

First Post
Have you tried calling the company (either your cell phone provider or the manuf. of the phone) to ask if they have suggestions?

Xath said:
Dunno what to do to fix it, but next time, I'd suggest getting one of the clear plastic covers that go over the LCD. They take the scratches and dirt instead of the actual screen, and then you can peel them off and replace them easily.
I bought the case for just this purpose, but it failed. Additionally - not sure they make the stickies for the Kyocera slider phone.

Remove ads