• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scratch on my cell phone screen...

Cthulhu's Librarian said:
that's the same phone my wife has. A word of warning-it is always getting turned on in her purse when she doesn't need it on, and the battery drains pretty fast. So keep an eye on the battery and keep it fully charged.
I'm curious to know how it gets turned on? I can't get my phone to turn on or off unless it is "open" ... very strange.

I'll be sure to check that out, though.

Turanil said:
Or you may use this new device that is put on the ear, while the phone remains in the pocket. So you will look like up to the latest fashion, and nobody will know that you actually hide them the fact your phone is now obsolete scratched. :p
Those are great! They lead those around you to believe that you're talking to yourself. Nobody notices the earpiece - they just assume that you're crazy.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I can say with authority that your current situation will not be helped by dipping the phone in either milk or chocolate (and I'd make an educated guess that milk chocolate wouldn't be good either).

Rel said:
I can say with authority that your current situation will not be helped by dipping the phone in either milk or chocolate (and I'd make an educated guess that milk chocolate wouldn't be good either).
*grabs pen, pulls out list*

"Okay, options 2, 6, and 9 are gone."

*looks around*

Any other suggestions? ;)

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I'm curious to know how it gets turned on? I can't get my phone to turn on or off unless it is "open" ... very strange.

I'll be sure to check that out, though.

Hmm. Maybe it ends up getting banged around and opened. I don't know. I just know that it's always dead when we really need it. And I'm too damn stubborn to get my own.

tarchon

First Post
A very shallow scratch can be polished out, like on a CD, but if it's deeper the best thing is to fill it in with a clear index-matching polymer. Depending on the type of plastic, some glues work fairly well for scratch filling with some buffing. Oils and waxes can work fairly well too but they're less stable.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Rel said:

Knowledge bred by experience, I see... ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Darth K'Trava said:
Knowledge bred by experience, I see... ;)

I can further tell you that if your phone gets the microphone clogged by setting it in melted chocolate, that the hands-free plug-in microphone will probably get you by long enough for the chocolate to dry up and be carried away by ants if you leave it sitting in your carport for a while.

But if you immerse the entire thing in milk you're just totally screwed.

And if you submerge your phone in liquid of any kind, DON'T simply wait for it to dry out and then take it to the store and tell them that it just quit working. There is a tiny detector in there that tells them that it was dunked in water (or whatever). This I know, not because I attempted the ruse but because a friend of mine designs cell phones for Sony/Erricson.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads