D&D 5E Sea Voyage Advice?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well if you find a deserted tropical island with a reef around it, and notice a signal fire burning on the ridge by the sea, that is a castaway, a bit crazed from extended isolation, but he has built a fortified hut on the ridge with stairs down and other facilities nearer the shore. He recovered it from the planks of the schooner he was navigator and the only survivor when it struck the reef during a storm. A giant squid has settled in the bay, making retrieving more supplies more difficult to do...

castaway_final.jpg

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Well if you find a deserted tropical island with a reef around it, and notice a signal fire burning on the ridge by the sea, that is a castaway, a bit crazed from extended isolation, but he has built a fortified hut on the ridge with stairs down and other facilities nearer the shore. He recovered it from the planks of the schooner he was navigator and the only survivor when it struck the reef during a storm. A giant squid has settled in the bay, making retrieving more supplies more difficult to do...

View attachment 152249

We're still playing Isle of Dread. Might find a use for that. Great work!

View attachment 152249
What does the squid eat when it can't get adventurer? Other than that, nice, very Robison Caruso.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
And if you have spellcasters with enough of the right spell, or items to give you underwater breathing, there's this legendary city, called Ryukyo, which means Sea Dragon city (in Japanese), although it is home merfolk and shark shape-changers. The city is built in tiers along a steep cliff dropping into an abyssal canyon adjacent to the island. A sea dragon rules it.

ryukyo.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Isle of Dread? Is that like Ravenloft?

Also not related, I published the Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG), which is a feudal Japan inspired ghost story setting. Not Ravenloft, but somewhat inspired by it. Ryukyo is from that setting.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
Isle of Dread? Is that like Ravenloft?

Also not related, I published the Kaidan setting of Japanese Horror (PFRPG), which is a feudal Japan inspired ghost story setting. Not Ravenloft, but somewhat inspired by it. Ryukyo is from that setting.
Isle of Dread originally came out in 1981. It's a giant island located far away from civilization. The main island and surrounding smaller islands make up a sandbox for the players to explore. The adventure draws inspiration from books like The Lost World and King Kong with a healthy dose of HP Lovecraft.

Goodman Games did a very detailed update and expansion of Isle of Dread for 5th edition. This is the version that I am using .

Remove ads