[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Kalanyr

Explorer
The little creature bursts out laughing at Aeter's name.

"Do you truly beliesve that ? I suppose you must, after all your god is sustained only by belief like yours. Without it he would fade away to what he was, a little spirit of a cairn somewhere."

The creature then seems to regain control of itself

"I am sorry for my outburst, I've never been known for my ability to keep my mouth shut when I should. Suffice to say that that which you seek could grant you great power as easily as it stole it from these lands long ago. Already the power it contains begins to leak out and our ancient kin try to return, it stirs the blood of those who remain here, shows us what once was and could be again. We are willing to do anything to insure the dam breaks and if it does perhaps we could teach you of what has been lost to your kind in the generations since the Seal was set ?"

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran joins the small creature in sincere but cultured laughter, the situation striking him with it's absurd and unexpected hilarity. "You are obviously more than the savage I mistook you for. You seem to be an intelligent and reasonable creature with a finely tuned sense of humour. If the rest of your race share your sofistication we can perhaps come to a favourable settlement for us both." He glances at the death-cleric and smiles slightly before turning back to the goblin.
"Yes, I believe we can negotiate with each others in a civilised manner. Release your hostage and I shall guarantee your safety for as long as you remain by this fire and do not attack any of my companions. Please, tell us more of this chained menace you wish to unleash and what we and our city could gain by helping you."

ooc:
Charisma 18. Diplomacy +12.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Rylis sits at the fire and gestures the unknows to do the same..... then goes back to listening to the exchange of words between them and his traveling friends......

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC - I'd prefer to see Inez's reaction before I continue in case its terminal which could prove kinda weird if you'd already been talking for 10 minutes.

Inez Hull

First Post
"More beings who believe they can cheat death and it's inevitable consequences. It seems arroragance is catching, or rather ignorance. I wonder Dekiran, when and where it was that you became so attracted to Goblin philosophy?"

Serpenteye

First Post
"And since when did a beings species matter more than their wisdom? If you wish to insult our guests the consequences will be yours alone to face. Your demeanor does not do our race credit in their eyes and I suggest that you stay quiet from now on."

Last edited:

Remove ads