[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Inez Hull

First Post
Haragaos sneers at Dekiran, "It seems your faith in others is as little as your faith in the greater powers. Perhaps it is for the best that your eyes remain so tightly shut, lest you would see through your own pride and see how small you indeed are. Sleep on then if you wish, I will say the final prayers over your corpse, perhaps Aeter will show your poor soul some mercy."

That said the death priest turns his back on Derkiran and utters a short prayer, then begins scanning the darkness beyond the campsite.

[Casts Detect Magic]

Kalanyr

Explorer
Rylis scans the campsite but doesn't see or hear anything.

As Haragaos finishes his spelll and begins to scan the camp (detecting magic nearby) a small cloaked figure steps out of the shadows and gestures and another bulky figure also steps out of the shadow this one has a human held in front of him with an axe held firmly to the human's throat.

The short figure barks something in Sylvan.

Highlight if you can speak Sylvan:
"Do not be foolish and attack, for now we merely wish to converse. The human we have shall act as our assurance you won't foolishly attack us.

Rathan

First Post
Rylis pokes his head up slowly yet again to see who's speaking this time and inturpting his sleep.... then realising some new is here reaches slowly for his sword... and keeps quite.....

OOC- Rylis will use his comprehend Lang. seeing as he doesn't know what language the unknown is speaking...

OOC2- is it possible for where I am... (about 8 or so feet from the fire) to make a Move silently check to get up quitely and then find a place to hide where they can't see me Kal?

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran, not understanding their language, calls back in Celestial. "Who are you and what do you want?" If they don't understand that he'll try Draconic, Common, Goblin, Dwarven and Infernal.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Rylis successfully casts Comprehend Languages. No, you can see that the creatures eyes are darting about observing you, they seem to know where each of you are.

Anyone sleeping is awoken by the noise of the conversation.

The small figure stares at Dekiran as he speaks in Celestial and then pauses for a second, after hearing the Draconic, before speaking in Common. "I see that you do not speak the Tongue allow me to repeat myself in a more fitting language: 'Do not be foolish and attack, for now we merely wish to converse. The human we have shall act as our assurance you won't foolishly attack us.' "

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran answers cordially, "You have given us no reason to attack you, and I have no intention to give you one in turn. Approach, come sit by our fire, and we shall converse."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus rolls back over and sits up, once again mumbling in Dwarven. Seeing the three newcomers he proceeds to pinch himself, and finding the test successful he scratches his head in wonder.

"Err, did I miss something?" he asks groggily.

Kalanyr said:
"I see that you do not speak the Tongue allow me to repeat myself in a more fitting language: 'Do not be foolish and attack, for now we merely wish to converse. The human we have shall act as our assurance you won't foolishly attack us.' "

Argus raises an eyebrow.

"Start talkin' then! If the human's gotta be in that position he shouldn't be left there overly long," he barks gruffly.

ferretguy

First Post
Aerick groggly whipes the sleep from his eyes as he is awakened by new voices...eyes open wider as he sees more creatures of legend...First Dwarves now Elves...this world is experiancing strange times...

Remove ads