• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sean K Reynolds on working at Paizo (and other companies)

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
We know from other statements by Paizo employees that Mona is doing very well financially from his position, and likes to brag about it to the employees under his supervision.
The thing is - we really don't. We know he bought one or more expensive suits and bragged about that. But people often overreach for things they consider status symbols or luxury, so we don't know how much that set him back either in saved money or debt. Nor do we know anything else about his financial status in general. That's where reports of what's gone on at Paizo drift from bad management to ad hominem rumormongering.

Well, we have a bit more than that. Other employees have spoken about the conditions, and the overall situation was enough for the employees to unionize. That's not an effort you take over one disgruntled employee.
Which current employees have spoken out?

Unions form and dissolve quite regularly. All it requires is a public vote and very little paperwork. From the looks of the current pay, they're not terribly effective at collective bargaining.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Which current employees have spoken out?

Unions form and dissolve quite regularly. All it requires is a public vote and very little paperwork. From the looks of the current pay, they're not terribly effective at collective bargaining.

The union formed about a month ago. They have only started the process of bargaining and discussions.

If you didn't know that, you might want to find some of the threads on the subject before forming opinions and entering the discussion - if only out of respect to your fellow board members, and not making them do the heavy lifting of educating you.

The union formed about a month ago. They have only started the process of bargaining and discussions.

If you didn't know that, you might want to find some of the threads on the subject before forming opinions and entering the discussion - if only out of respect to your fellow board members, and not making them do the heavy lifting of educating you.
I'm aware of the situation. I've actually read the union's documentation. Interesting stuff.

And again: which current employees have actually spoken out? In post #92 you specifically stated that, and I quote:

Well, we have a bit more than that. Other employees have spoken about the conditions, and the overall situation was enough for the employees to unionize. That's not an effort you take over one disgruntled employee.

I'm not clear who 'we' refers to, but I was curious as to the veracity of your claim.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm aware of the situation.

Then the comment that they aren't effective seems... highly questionable. For a bunch of folks new to beign a union, having major results in under a month is not a reasonable expectation.

And again: which current employees have actually spoken out?

So much for not making your fellow posters do the heavy lifting of educating you, I guess. FIrst, let us start with how "current employees" is not the approporiate mark. Anyone familiar with the management team (like SKR, who isn't a current employee, but has solid experience with them) is a reasonable source of information.

Sean K Reynolds, Diego Valdez, Jessica Price, and Crystal Frasier have all made relevant statements about management at Paizo. And that's after two minutes with EN World's search function.

Then the comment that they aren't effective seems... highly questionable. For a bunch of folks new to beign a union, having major results in under a month is not a reasonable expectation.

So much for not making your fellow posters do the heavy lifting of educating you, I guess. FIrst, let us start with how "current employees" is not the approporiate mark. Anyone familiar with the management team (like SKR, who isn't a current employee, but has solid experience with them) is a reasonable source of information.

Sean K Reynolds, Diego Valdez, Jessica Price, and Crystal Frasier have all made relevant statements about management at Paizo. And that's after two minutes with EN World's search function.
Ah. So the comment in #92 was fiction. Got it. Thanks for the education.

Remove ads