• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Search for the White Rose [IC]

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Perin Olhandle - Male Halfling Ranger 5

"Perin. Perin Olhandle." Perin turns and shakes Harlan's hand. The halfling may be half Harlan's size, but he has a firm grip. At the mention of his riding dog, he looks over at Sage with a small smile. "Sage? He's a good friend. He's fast as any an' never complains 'bout carrying me or all 'n my gear, an' I'm sure he'd like to sometimes."

Perin looks back to Harlan, "Your horse seems a fine animal, how long have you had him?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"Rasch? I've had him for 16 years. I received him during the celebration of my 7th birthyear. I've grown up with him. He is a little stubborn, but he is strong and steadfast." Harlan runs his hand down the Rasch's muzzle as if to apologize for calling him stubborn. "It is good to see another volunteer with an interest in animals."

Harlan turns to look at the others gathered in the courtyard. "Do you know any of the others who have come forth?"

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
Bregan watches the seneschals mouth drop with a smirk on his face. Now you're glad to see me, but ten years ago... He lets his thoughts drift as he walks past the gate and catches up with Grun. Tapping him on the leg he says, "No doubt you could squash me - but you can't hit what you can't see."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Perin Olhandle - Male Halfling Ranger 5

"Sage is my fifth, but I think he knows me best of all, even though he's only been with me a few years." Perin nods at Harlan's appraisal of Rasch, commenting quietly, "We all get a little more stubborn as we age."

He considers the rest of the volunteers gathering, unable to resist a prolonged curious stare at the centaur. "I just showed up here this mornin', an' Sage an' I have traveled alone since we left Willhollow. They're all strangers to me, but I'm guessing that'll be changin' soon enough."

At the little gnome's impertinence, a smile cracks the stone of Grun's face. In broken common, Grun rumbles, "You speak truth, litt'l'un." Tapping the breast piece of his full plate, Grun switches to his native dwarvish and says in rich flowing tones, "Forged in the halls of Moradin's finest, it were. Where speed fails, there shall this good metal reign supreme. Death to the enemies of dwarves and men!"

In mottled common, Grun offers, "Litt'l'un. You ride Grun shoulders?" The half-orc gestures to indicate he offers Bregan a ride.

dog45

First Post
Bregan cranes his head back to stare at Grun in the face. He replies in dwarven, "Through cave and crook, from rock and stone, may death find you, on a warriors throne." He bows slightly to Grun and continues in dwarven. "I have fought alongside those who prayed to the All-Father before. You're taller than they were, but I'm not sitting on your shoulders either."

Grun bellows not unlike a boulder rolling down a hill. In steadfast dwarvish, Grun greets the gnome. "Hail, fellow rock brother. I be Grun, servant of the Soul Forger. Though my clan rolls in their grave at me very breath, by right of founding and decree of the Hall Warden, I hail of clan Gorunne. And a day may yet come when ye ride upon Grun's good shoulders, though not too soon 'twould be hoped, for such a day would speak of your fall upon the anvil." The half-orc priest grins wide at Bregan as the two walk into the keep.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Edvik stands aloof as the other volunteers pair off into their conversations. He listens with half an ear to the pair discussing mounts and then dismisses their chatter as frivolous. The other cleric talking to the gnome is bellowing loud enough to be heard even if Edvik were not paying attention, but the foreign tongue escapes him.

Giving up on the two existing conversations, Edvik turns to consider the other volunteers remaining. A druid and a mage of some sort. The druid seems to know something that garnered a response from the seneschal. Should be interesting.

Edvik begins drumming the fingers of his left hand against the leatherbound guard of the sword that hangs at his waist as he watches the gates for any more volunteers to step forward.

Razamir

Explorer
Ekoss steps over and nods to the pair of half-orcs. He makes a fist and places it over his heart, saluting the human warrior standing to the side. He admires the mounts and their respective owners, nodding in approval of the animal's fine stock. Ekoss smiles at the gnome, then arches and eyebrow and speaks.

“My name is Ekoss Barasune. I look forward to the journey laid out before us.”

Turning towards the two half-orcs he adds…

“You speak of this White Rose. How is this connected to the Shadowmasters? Please tell me what you know. I have heard tales of a rose that could manipulate the aura or magic, but this was hundreds of years ago and most likely just a legend. Tell me, what have you heard?”

Peering through a frown at the human newcomer, Grun quiets as Ekoss speaks then settles in to listen intently to whatever answer the other half-orc offers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads