• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Searching for a Brutal, and Harsh Setting.

ReignofGeekaos

First Post
Have you ever seen Conan the Barbarian, well I have, and I adore it, it was savage, and brutal, an amazing setting.

Now I'm looking for a setting like that, and I know about Conan D20, but I honestly don't have enough time to convert it, and set out my own Hybroia, and I really want to have exotic creatures like Drow, Gensai, and Elves in it.

So I pose this question to you? What would suit a good DM bad at making his own world, but what's it to be Brutal, and Harsh?

Edit: And please tell me about it. :)

Last edited:

tsadkiel

Legend
The Scarred Lands would probably work. The setting's got some very dark bits, and does include drow and elves. Genasi would be easy to add as well.

If Dark Sun were in print, I'd recommend it as well. I think I will anyway. Try Dark Sun.

EDIT: Ha! Got here before Nightfall.

Last edited:

OATHBOUND. It assumes characters of 7th level or above. It's like a prison-plane, but you start to wonder who (or what) is being imprisoned...

Try Bastion Press.

(Oathbound fanatic Peter)

Scott814thmpco

First Post
Hi-
Dark Sun is what you want, plus their numerous conversions to 3E
floating around the net infact heres link from just doing a minor search:

http://darksun.3sins.com

You can also pick up the boxed sets on ebay real cheap thereby getting the maps and back round you need, i did a search on ebay
and found lots of DS materiel up for auction, heres a link to the revised boxed set, pretty cheap actually:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758642521

Before 3E, this set used to sell for at least 50 bucks, then again, alot of stuff used to sell for alot of money.

Scott

Crothian

First Post
I'll second the Dark Sun vote. Also, it seems in the MM2 many creatures that orginated in Dark Sun are going to be converted.

I have yet to see Oathbound, but i'm hoping it will be plenty harsh and raw. Is this in the LGS's yet? CAN'T WAIT! Closest thing I'm gonna find to Planescape ( cannot beat the planes for harsh ) until they get the conversions done...

Remove ads