• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Season 4 Curse of Strahd and Adventurers League

I may note that having a plan does not mean having every detail confirmed/approved. So while we may have a plan, its never set in stone until the ALPG is approved by WOTC and released. We generally make announcements like this when we give all the specifics with the ALPG. I believe I and others have posted here and on FB (and its definitely implied in the article on the website), that we had anticipated and dealt with the pitfalls related to this new system. So five weeks ago, (and indeed today), I cannot give you a specific list of all the ways in and out as the season has not started. Even then, it is not clear that we will give you all of the possibilities as we might keep one or two as surprises if your character does something specific.

If you are willing to take "we have a plan but I'm not telling it to you" as an answer whenever someone has a concern, I'm happy to give that answer. Since I suspect that is not the case, and since we could not yet announce the details, we didn't squash speculation at the time it started.

RCanine

First Post
If you are willing to take "we have a plan but I'm not telling it to you" as an answer whenever someone has a concern, I'm happy to give that answer. Since I suspect that is not the case, and since we could not yet announce the details, we didn't squash speculation at the time it started.

I can't speak for anyone else, but this sort of thing tends to sate my concerns. Generally, "we hear you, and we've got that covered--you'll see the details when the rules come out" or "we hear you, but we don't think that will be a problem in play," or "we hear you, and we hadn't thought of that, but we'll think about how we can address it in the final rules." All of those answers I think are good responses.

Again, I'm used to how (video) game companies tend to talk about stuff, and it's very often a "we have nothing to announce at the moment, but we are aware and are working on it" response that quells the panic.

Last edited:

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
If that had been the plan all along, then that would have been awesome to know 5 weeks ago when this concern was originally brought up. Could have saved us all a lot of discussion, arguments and debate.

Oh Please, when has learning things ahead of time ever stopped discussion, arguments and debate in here?

Hint: It never has.

Steve_MND

First Post

I guarantee that given the option, virtually everybody involved will prefer a "we are aware of this concern and have plans to address it, but we can't release specifics at this time" answer over no answer at all when a specific concern like this is brought up.

Oh Please, when has learning things ahead of time ever stopped discussion, arguments and debate in here? Hint: It never has.

Of course not; there will always be discussion, arguments and debates in here and elsewhere. That's the nature of the beast. But I'd have much rather spent that time discussing actual concerns during this past month as opposed to one that apparently the staff already was looking into. It's like if you text your SO and say "You need to get home right away due to an emergency" and you never hear back from them, and so you keep texting, and then they show up at the door an hour later with a comment of "Well, I saw your texts and headed out after the first one, but didn't respond, since responding wouldn't have gotten me over here any quicker." Yes, technically correct, but that wasn't the point of all the other texts. The others were just to make sure they were aware of the issue to begin with.

I guarantee that given the option, virtually everybody involved will prefer a "we are aware of this concern and have plans to address it, but we can't release specifics at this time" answer over no answer at all when a specific concern like this is brought up.

I second this. While it won't stop all speculation and concern, it will at least curtail it into a reasonable focus. Instead of worrying if there will be exits available outside of the two DDAL modules and CoS, we'd be focusing our energy on guessing what those exits will be. That level of speculation is done more for fun than out of legitimate concerns.

Speculation and debate will always exist as long as we have an outlet for it. The AL staff should simply try to make sure our concerns are acknowledged, so that we can redirect those energies into more fun types of speculation. Like figuring out what Season 5 is going to be...

Remove ads