Pathfinder 2E Secrets of Magic coming in 2021 for Pathfinder

With two new classes - the Magus (a fighter/mage type) and the Summoner which bonds with an eidolon which advances along with the Summoner - Secrets of Magic is coming to Pathfinder 2E next year. There will be a playtest from September 7th through to October. Not much else was revealed about the book at the (virtual) Gen Con panel where it ws announced by Paizo's Erik Mona.

With two new classes - the Magus (a fighter/mage type) and the Summoner which bonds with an eidolon which advances along with the Summoner - Secrets of Magic is coming to Pathfinder 2E next year.

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 4.46.12 PM.png

There will be a playtest from September 7th through to October. Not much else was revealed about the book at the (virtual) Gen Con panel where it ws announced by Paizo's Erik Mona.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Looks like it was a typo since the text in the story has been changed. I’m pretty sure the eidolon advanced with you as you leveled in PF1, and it sounds like that’s still going to be the case in PF2.

I tried out PF2 and it didn't click with me. But I'll take a look at these classes, and maybe the mechanics will be more to my liking. I didn't really dig PF1 either from 2009 until 2015.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
This is why I hate new editons.

Let's sell you the exact same thing only in a much more inferior product. I wouldn't be this upset if they simply just continued to support PF1e but they abandoned it.

Can't we have an RPG company that does that? Support all editions? Heck if I owned D&D and/or Pathfinder, I'd support all the editions with new stuff. Not hard to do and would be extremely profitable. You lose no one and continue to gain customers who can actually pick and choose what edition suits their tastes and they keep coming to you because they want more for the edition they want to play.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Can't we have an RPG company that does that? Support all editions? Heck if I owned D&D and/or Pathfinder, I'd support all the editions with new stuff.
Fractures the customer base. you lose economies of scale on each product; instead of selling lots of a few things, you're selling a few of lots of things. That's what TSR did, and look what happened to them.

Not hard to do and would be extremely profitable.

Well, the opposite of that.

Remove ads

Remove ads