• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Secrets of the Middle-East. Chaosium CoC - CLOSED - moved to other boards

Brief search regarding the old beliefs of the place known as Tel-Meggido reveal the following in the Book of Revelation. Every one can find the book quite easy, since the book is part of the New Testament.

[sblock=The Book of Revelation]

The Book of Revelation, also called Revelation to John, Apocalypse of John , and Revelation of Jesus Christ is the last canonical book of the New Testament in the Christian Bible. Some later manuscripts add Evangelist or Apostle to the title. The first words of the book are effectively self-titled, "The Revelation of Jesus Christ".

After a short introduction (ch. 1:1–10), the book presents a brief account of the author. The first vision (1:11–3:22), related by "one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle", speaking with "a great voice, as of a trumpet", is a statement addressing the seven churches of Asia. The second vision, which makes up the rest of the book (chs. 4–22), begins with "a door … opened in the sky" and describes what some might call the end of the world— or more properly, the end of the age, in which Satan's rule through Man is destroyed by the Messiah. These events are foreseen: the Great Tribulation, the Campaign of Armageddon, the Second Coming of the Messiah with the restoration of peace to the world and His 1,000 year reign, the imprisonment of Satan (portrayed as a dragon) until he is 'loosed' for the final rebellion, God's final judgment over Satan, the Great White throne judgment, and the ushering in of the New Heavens and New Earth.

Revelation 16:12-21 “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. 17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. 18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.”

battle_of_armageddon_2_ls.jpg

rapture_.bmp

[/sblock]

-------------------------------------------------------

Thu, 26 Dec 1929. 5 days before the new year.

[sblock=Letter to Fouad]
Dear Fouad,

I must have been missed you in your room as I were in the University this morning to pick up some stuff and wanted to personally invite you to a poker game and to celebrate the new year among friends and co-workers, The poker night will be held in my friend’s place Anna Yafe, she will be joining us to the Middle East and she wanted to get familiar with the group. Thu the 2 Jan, 19:00, Bishop’s Rd no. 34, Fulham, London.

Yours,

Elizabeth Thomason

[/sblock]

[sblock=Jack]
Phone rings ...

Hi Jack, this is Elizabeth Thomson, from the University.
I would like to invite you to a poker night at my friend’s place, her name is Anna, and she will join us to the expedition. Thu the 2 Jan around 19:00,
The place is Bishop’s Rd 34, Fulham.
Marry Christmas.
Bye

[/sblock]

[sblock=Josh]
The Corridors of the University.
Hi Joshua
Say Elizabeth Thomson. A nice Russian student is beside her.
Halo, I’m Anna.
The quite woman says, she is Elizabeth dorm roomy
Oh ... I’m so anxious to travel to the Middle East, aren’t you?
Elizabeth say
Listen ... we are hurrying to a class, but we are going to arrange a poker or bridge night we some members of the expedition at Anna’s place. We are going to arrange it at her parent’s house. Bishop’s 34 Fulham. 2 Jan around 19:00
Be there or be square.
See ya ...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: I've been sick, too. Back up and running.)

Fouad works on interviews with Howard for his new driver, as well as make sure that he is doing well.

Looking over his letter, he gets flush. Those British women, inviting strange men to their houses? No, it means nothing, they are British. He composes himself, and writes a response.

[sblock=letter]
Dear Ms. Thomason

I would be most honoured to meet with everyone at your friend's place for poker the evening of the 2nd. Thank you for the invitation.

Yours,
Fouad Nassir
[/sblock]

Drowned Hero

First Post
[sblock=Jack]
Phone rings ...

Hi Jack, this is Elizabeth Thomson, from the University.
I would like to invite you to a poker night at my friend’s place, her name is Anna, and she will join us to the expedition. Thu the 2 Jan around 19:00,
The place is Bishop’s Rd 34, Fulham.
Marry Christmas.
Bye

[/sblock]

Jack agrees to the appointment thinking in this progressive english women customs. New times it seems he thinks to himself, hanging up on the phone and walking to his living room, sitting down in his favourite chair picking up a book about the middle east.

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=Josh]
The Corridors of the University.
Hi Joshua
Say Elizabeth Thomson. A nice Russian student is beside her.
Halo, I’m Anna.
The quite woman says, she is Elizabeth dorm roomy
Oh ... I’m so anxious to travel to the Middle East, aren’t you?
Elizabeth say
Listen ... we are hurrying to a class, but we are going to arrange a poker or bridge night we some members of the expedition at Anna’s place. We are going to arrange it at her parent’s house. Bishop’s 34 Fulham. 2 Jan around 19:00
Be there or be square.
See ya ...

[/sblock]

"I'll be there, ladies," says Josh with a slight smile for both ladies. "And it's Josh, to my associates, Ma'am."

Poker night

Thu, 2 Jan 1930.

You are familiar with the place, Fulham. The neighborhood lies on the north part of the Thames River, about 6km west from Westminster and about 7km south-west from the University of London. The area consist private homes, most of them are two story cottages with basement. Few are three story building with attic. Fenced gardens with trees, domesticated shrubs, and flowers welcome visitors to most of the cottages. Tall street lamps shine from both sides if the trees, giving enough illumination to the pedestrians even on moonless cloudy nights. Anna’s parent’s house is a two story building, with arched entrance and dark gray roof. A bricked path leads the way from the street to the house.

mstreets.jpg

Today, the place is all yours for the game, Anna’s parents went skiing in the Swiss Alps. Her father is a professor in the faculty of economics in the university. This neighborhood is known for the respected and wealthy that live here, and there are many senior stuff that live around, including Professor Henri 'Hans' Frankfort, Professor James Edward Quibell. Even Professor Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie dwelled here before he moved to Palestine.

Several people gathered around for the game it seems, one table with a top of green leather is arranged in the common room with decorative wooden chairs around it. Several trophies hang on the wall of animals that are clearly from the northern snowy regions of Russia. A huge painting of an old man decorates one of the walls and the name is written in Russian. The picture placed above a lit fireplace that spreads the warm like a cozy hug. Leather Russian style sofas scattered around and sit on a huge wall to wall light brown carpet.
Hot tea is served on a tray for anyone to take and a bottle of Vodka and several glasses are for those who want to cheer this night.

Halo, Happy new year and welcome to Yafe resident.
The cute Russian student says.
I’m Anna and this is my parent’s house, they are away skiing.
You are most welcome to enter.

The following people came to participate in the game: Fouad Mustafa Nassir (Howard’s driver), Jack Paterlan (The Librarian), Joshua "Josh" Hilts (The Archaeologist), Arthur Weigall (Journalis/Writer), Professor Frederick Jones Bliss (Old American archaeologist), Elizabeth Thomason (M.Sc student), Anna Yafe (B.A in nursery).

*I will roll luck skills to see if anyone some money, just say if you want to gamble or just sit without participating.

Last edited:

Drowned Hero

First Post
Jack Patterland Book Dealer

Jack involves himself in the game, playing safe and not making big bets. He is after all a man and will not take advantage of colleagues and ladies.
He socializes as he can making some clever remark about bluffing and strong hands.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Happy New Year to you, as well, Anna," says Josh with a polite smile. "Your family has a lovely home."

After giving the animal trophies and once over, as well as a respectful nod, Josh will most definitely join in the game, as he brought a modest amount of seed money with him. Also, while he will drink, Josh will do so in moderation, both out of respect for the company and to keep his wits about himself.

The evening continues with drinks, cheers and stories. Most of them are scientific and historic tells about archeology and geological and cultural theories. Others concern about politics and economics.

Any one got a clue what the professor spoke about?
Elizabeth asks during the play
I wonder what Prof. Petrie found in the holy land that was so intriguing and he could not describe it by words.

Patient my young student
Bliss replies
Haste is one of the Devil’s virtues ... Damn I lost another hand.
That’s it, I think I lost enough, lucky for me I’m a little drunk to cry about it.

Bliss calls, drains his vodka glass and throw his hand on the table.
This lost tells me that it’s time to go home ... you folks can stay and lose some more.

Let me boil you some tea, Prof. Bliss
Anna says and stands up
It will shake off the dizziness.
And I will take you home after you drink it
Say Weigal and leans to Jack and Fouad
Please help the ladies to clean, I will take the old American to his hotel.

[sblock=Josh]
Josh really needs to go to the toilet. It’s on the second floor.
[/sblock]

[sblock=rolls for the Poker game]
Jack +4$ ; Fouad -5$ ; Josh +15$ ; Anna -14$ ; Bliss -15$ ; Weigal +2$ ; Elizabeth +13$
[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=Josh]
Josh really needs to go to the toilet. It’s on the second floor.
[/sblock]

[sblock=rolls for the Poker game]
Jack +4$ ; Fouad -5$ ; Josh +15$ ; Anna -14$ ; Bliss -15$ ; Weigal +2$ ; Elizabeth +13$
[/sblock]

"Ladies, gentlemen, if you'll excuse me for a moment, I need to hit...." Josh quickly catches himself before using a common Marine colloquialism. He pauses for a moment, smiles, and then corrects himself by saying, "I need to stretch my legs a bit, my arms shouldn't be getting all the exercise. I'll be right back."

Remove ads