Secrets of the Middle-East. Chaosium CoC - CLOSED - moved to other boards

Friadoc

Explorer
"If we all go in," says Josh. "It might bring too much attention to us."

"But," adds Josh quickly. "If only one of us goes...."

After letting that hang for a moment, Josh finishes by saying, "I'll go first, once it looks like I'm clear to sneak in. I was pretty good at sneakin' and scoutin' back in the Corps." It is obvious that Josh is referring to the War, as well as his time in the United States Marine Corps. "Once it looks clear, I'll signal you from a window and then you can approach, looking less suspect. Okay?"

[NPCing Fouad]
I don’t believe I’m going to do this but let me bump by mistake into a trash can over there with my car. This will attract enough attention from everyone around.
With that, the Arab driver starts his engine again and begins to drive, a minute pass and he bumps by “mistake” to a trash can, spilling the contents to the side walk, enough to alert the old man in the garden and several others that goes outside from their homes to see what happened.
“I thought I saw a cat and ...”
You hear Fouad explains to the surprised people around him

In the meantime, Jack goes to the old lady that clearly is not interested with Fouad'sdriving. Jack quickly manages to take her attention from the street by asking some questions about directions in the neighborhood.

Seeing that this is a good opportunity to sneak to the back yard and into the house without being unnoticed, Josh makes his way and leaves the turmoil behind him
[sblock=Josh skills]
Spot Hidden – 6 *Mark the skill with a little V.
Sneak – 10 * Mark the skill with a little V.
Wow, two lucky rolls.
[/sblock]
Josh spots a dark figure that stands and peeks from behind the curtains in the attic, probably at the accident. The figure doesn’t notice you as you sneak to the back yard, past the brown wood fence and the flowerbed. (marked on the map).
In the backyard, you notice a roofed greenhouse and a vegetable garden. The trees are mainly oak, but you spot apple and pear also. Along the west and east parts of the fence grow a thick thorn unkempt bush. The back fence is too high, and you can only see the upper floor of other house. (marked on the map).
A brick staircase leads to a back closed door.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay, rough week with enrolling in the new school and setting up financial aid. Consider this a place holder, which I will fill in a bit. Thanks.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Hilts makes his way toward the back door to the house, quietly trying to avoid any notice, especially from the figure in the attic. It is the figure that unnerves him a bit, because of the previous time that he was sure he saw someone.

But, he knows he must remain resolute and hope that it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Once at the backdoor, he will check to see if it is locked before either opening the door or picking the lock. Hilts is not in too much of a rush to do any of this, as he knows he needs to delay his activity, so that eyes turn away from the house and the eyes in the attic turn away fromthe street.

[sblock=OOC]I swore I posted, previously, this past weekend and I'm sorry that I didn't notice this until today. My apologies, folks.

Also, Strahd, I hope your transition into the US is a smooth and solid one. Good luck in your program at CSU.

By the way, what are the little V's for, next to my good rolls? I'm fairly inexperienced with CoC, if it is something specific to the system.[/sblock]

Game closed

Sorry guys. But IVV vanished from the game and the game runs slowly in here.
I decided to move the game and restart it in Play@Yog-Sothoth • Index page website that is more suitable for CoC Chaosium games.

riadoc - I'm sorry, but you are welcome to join the game over there. DH already joined my game over there since he is a member in Play@Yog-Sothoth also. I gathered already 4 interested players over there in a week, over here I have only 2 players after several months.

Since you know the beginning I will have to alter several things.

Friadoc

Explorer
Sorry guys. But IVV vanished from the game and the game runs slowly in here.
I decided to move the game and restart it in Play@Yog-Sothoth • Index page website that is more suitable for CoC Chaosium games.

riadoc - I'm sorry, but you are welcome to join the game over there. DH already joined my game over there since he is a member in Play@Yog-Sothoth also. I gathered already 4 interested players over there in a week, over here I have only 2 players after several months.

Since you know the beginning I will have to alter several things.

No worries, Strahd, it's more than understandable, as you gotta go where the players are, as well as the focus on what you're wanting to run. It's all good with me; no harm, no foul.

Although I enjoyed the game, it's obvious that my focus is split right now (I'm starting back at college next week) and I'd hate to hold you and the others up with my potential slowness. So, that said, I might come over as an observer and OOC person, if that's cool, and join up, at a later point, if you've an opening or a new game. Also, if you'd like, you could use Hilts as an NPC, background and all, if you're interested.

Lastly, congratulations on college and coming to the US, I hope everything goes smooth on the way over to Colorado. I was over in Idaho, but now I'm in Oregon, which, as others have told you, is still pretty close, for us Western States.

Remove ads