Secrets of the Middle-East. Chaosium CoC - CLOSED - moved to other boards

Drowned Hero

First Post
Hey! Don’t just stand over there and whisper.
The reporter calls
If you have something for me then tell me, if not, don’t waste my time, I had enough with pranks.

'oh im sorry Sir' 'well you see, we are not quite sure if we are talking about the same people as your article' 'might i be given the addresses of the missing children?' 'so as we can compare? our information' 'we wont be disturbing the families and causing unnecessary strain to them if we are wrong that way' 'any information would be of utterly importance for us'

*Fast Talk 55%

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Fouad coughs, noting the shadiness of the conversation. He shakes his head.

"Mr. Hutchison, we might have seen an esteemed member of the community with a very distinct..." he looks at his companions... "child's belonging. We simply came to you, good sir, because we needed to speak with someone who might know more about children who might be missing... belongings. And, we all know that you know far more than the police.

Certainly, it would be scandalous if the details of this sort of finding ever got out. Everyone would be reading about it, discussing it. No, we could never simply let some good, upstanding gentleman fall on a hunch. So we are here, asking for information, in the hope that someone might know more about these children.

But, then again, it may be nothing. Just a toy for a gentleman's daughter. Nothing at all."

Fouad stands back.

(Fast Talk: 25, Bargain: 60)

Tom Hutchinson

DH said:
'oh im sorry Sir' 'well you see, we are not quite sure if we are talking about the same people as your article' 'might i be given the addresses of the missing children?' 'so as we can compare? our information' 'we wont be disturbing the families and causing unnecessary strain to them if we are wrong that way' 'any information would be of utterly importance for us'

I don’t care. For a small fee you can find the names and places in the local archive – Basement, have a nice day.

InVinoVeritas said:
Fouad coughs, noting the shadiness of the conversation. He shakes his head.

"Mr. Hutchison, we might have seen an esteemed member of the community with a very distinct..." he looks at his companions... "child's belonging. We simply came to you, good sir, because we needed to speak with someone who might know more about children who might be missing... belongings. And, we all know that you know far more than the police.

Certainly, it would be scandalous if the details of this sort of finding ever got out. Everyone would be reading about it, discussing it. No, we could never simply let some good, upstanding gentleman fall on a hunch. So we are here, asking for information, in the hope that someone might know more about these children.

But, then again, it may be nothing. Just a toy for a gentleman's daughter. Nothing at all."

[sblock=Fouad FastTalk and Bargain]
Fast Talk - 1 Wow *please check the skill.
Bargain - 48 Success.
[/sblock]

Now wait a minute, don't go anywhere.
The reporter stands up to halt you. His eyes glitter like someone who are on a breakthrough to solve a case and ride on the road of glory.

Well, the crappy police don’t let me get the good stuff, and I’m quite low on budget to bribe someone over there.
He smiles
Just kidding ... but my contacts are too old and are not assigned to this case.

You have my word gentleman, eye for an eye. I give you something and you give me something back.
He takes out his cigar from the ash tray.
Who is the man and what do you want me to do in return?

Drowned Hero

First Post
Hes name is Dr.Frankenfort, Dutch Egyptologist connected to the University of Leiden. Remember that we arent much sure about these two happenings have any connection at all, but as you, we need to check the story just in case.
We are leaving on a a adventure to the middle east in not to long and we dont want any of the expedition team under suspicion of such crimes' 'we have a practical means to know this information sort of speak'

Jack shifts his weight over to his arm leaning towards one of the book shelves 'we need addresses of the children, cloth description of the disappearance date, a family member we can talk to, or rather a full name of victims and their parents addresses?'

*Fast Talk 55% V

Tom writes down the name of the professor and takes a file from his drawer. He prepares a tyota of some important things a give it to you.

[sblock=Information]
Thomas James Gibson, 9yo, Hardwick’s way 12, Wandsworth, London.
Tue, 31 Dec 1929 was the last time someone saw him. He was playing just outside his home, on the loan, jumping in the puddles. His mother cocked lunch. Wore rain boots , grey pants and brown warm coat.

Jennie Ann Kerligton, 12yo, Blackett st. 3, Putney, London.
Thu, 12 Dec 1929. She never came back from School. She wore school uniform beneath a violet rain coat, she had a pink umbrella and brown schoolbag.

Tim Jerome Huckle, 9yo, Cambait rd. 10, Putney, London.
Sun, 3 Nov 1929. Last seen in the church “Our Lady Of Pity & St Simon Stock R C church“, Hazlewell Rd, Putney, London. Grey cloth under praying robes, he had a flute and praying book, One of “Christ’s Childs group”.

Billy Davids, 10 yo, Milson rd. 21, West Kensington, London.
Wed, 14 Aug 1929. Last seen swinging in a local park,. His mother went to buy ice-cream. It was too crowdy, so no one remembers what happened. Wore brown pants, white “Fulham” soccer club T-shirt. His small ball is missing too.

Nil James Hutchbert, 12yo, Brookville rd. 3, Fulham, London.
Mon, 24 Jun 1929, He never came back from School. He wore school Unifrom and a red cap on his head. He had a brown school bag.

[/sblock]

I will check this guy a little bit, I will occupy him with a good science story while you go and check your stuff. Let’s us meet tomorrow night 20:00 o’clock, marble arch, near Hyde park.
I’ll bring my finding and you’ll bring yours.

With that he takes his jacket and prepares to leave.
Do you need a ride somewhere or you have a car?

*I don't need to throw every time for a skill. I think it's enough for each character once for a talk.

Drowned Hero

First Post
Jack leaves the building and crosses the street to a nearby bench, draging the group with him.

'I got a suggestion' 'we try to enter professor Frankenfurt's home today at some point' 'and search that place for the child remains and see if theres any connection to the description of the list we just got'

He sits down at the bench waiting for a response.

Last edited:

Friadoc

Explorer
"Good idea," says Josh with a nod of his head. "We can make sure before this goes any further, unless it needs to go further."

Drowned Hero

First Post
Jack starts drawing a plan to the others:

Travel to the University where Frankenfurt works. If they find him there, they will hurry as much as possible to his home and search it.
If Frankenfurt isint at his work; go to his home and spy on it until he leaves it.

Evidence of the childs remaining is the goal.

NPCing Fouad until IVV will return.

Sounds good guys
Fouad say
Come with me

Fouad Drive Auto skill – 34 [Success]

You drive with Fouad to the University as quick as possible, taking routes with low traffic and arriving together with Tom Hutchinson that took off first. You spot that he just caught Dr. Frankfurt and wants to interview him about something scientific.
With that you get back to the car and drive to Fulham, parking you car in the street, several houses before the Anna’s and Frankfort’s house but enough close to spy on the Dr.’s house to see that all of the house’s windows are shutter and the curtains are diverted.

There are several people in the street. An old lady with a grocery roll falter slowly, and a 60+ looking man takes care of his flowerbed in the next house.

Remove ads