Seeking Friends of Nature

F

FaDril_Olplyn

Fellow Nurturers of Nature,

I believe that time has long come to start a Guild. Day after day we watch forests with and its beloved creatures fall prey to the evils of the world. We also see wars fought in the shadows, of which the fate of entire nations, including the forest realms within them are hanging in the balance. I propose we start an organization amongst Rangers, Druids, and all Protectors of Nature to continue a strong and mighty protection of our beloved lands. No deity is required to be worshipped nor any specific allegiance to nations. We will make sure that whatever is best for the creatures of these lands is best for us. I propose calling it the WatchThorn Guild and may all the Gods over the trees and green fields watch over us. Your fellow protector.

Human Ranger,
Fa'Dril Olplyn

A

Agudo Archmage

portlongladyhoot.gif

Artwork copyright © 2003, Gordon R. Quigley

A lovely snow owl happen to be about, when she came upon this intriguing proclamation.
Like all enchanted animals, she smiled at the words before her.

She happily left a reply of her own.

Wise Fa'Dril Olplyn

Your words have touched my heart.
Allow one such as eye, to join your brave guild of friends of the forest.

Let us all become united in are love for nature.
I can only pray others will join in this valiant effort, to protect a realm, most never take time to know.
That being the great forest of the world.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Your friend and new member of the WatchThorn Guild

Lady Hoot

R

Ricohard_Draconis

tacked below the others:

I am not linked to the forests as thee and i have my own reasons for not joining any guild.

However should you have need of me i would be willing to offer advice and aid.

yours

Ricohard

F

FaDril_Olplyn

Lady Hoot and Ricohard,

I thank you both. Perhaps with the assistance of others, we can do great things. I will be looking forward to meeting you in person and spreading the wisdom of the realms between ourselves and others. Woodlands bless,

Human Ranger,
Fa'Dril Olplyn

L

Lady_Astrianna

As Astrianna makes her way from the forest, the smell of ash and smoke can be smelled upon her clothes. She stops as one particular note catches her eye...
"Hm...another would-be caring person? Start a guild?"

Quickly, the druid pens a hasty reply, the words themselves seeming to speak of nature, and reflect the wild call of birds and the roar of bears.

Your words may be true, but have your actions been reflective of your own words, good sir?
For many years, I have protected that which matters most. For every tree cut needlessly, I have cut the one who cares not for life. For every animal slain without mercy nor need, I slay the slayer. For every land that has been despoiled by the foolery of human, I destroy the bearers of destruction.

Perhaps you are right, sir. But then again...perhaps you are but another bold speaker of words who would like to speak endless upon endless stream of words whilst you do nothing. Only time will tell, I suppose.

Yes, I shall join your guild. If I like what I see, I may stay. Don't expect me to remain in one place for long.

The note is signed with the simple mark of a tree with an "A" directly below it.

F

FaDril_Olplyn

Good friend of nature,

I understand your concerns. For years now a war has been on the brink between Silverymoon and The High Forest on Faerun. The treants that occupy that forest have lately been pushing the growing forest to retake the lands which once were theirs, which includes the farmlands near Silverymoon. Mercenaries and Assassins go into the forest frequently hunting down the treats, the dryads, and even the woodland animals. I have been known to have been called in Silverymoon "The one that hunts back." because I have attacked and hunted down so many that have moved into the forests. I intend to use this guild to ensure that sort of protection in all forests from Oerth to Toril and everywhere in between.

Human Ranger,
Fa'Dril Olplyn

Zeren

First Post
Finds this particular set of notes and reads them, arching a brow at a few of them. He pens his reply with no signature to keep himself safe from what he sees them as.

To all you murderers,

Or at least that's what these notes make you out to be...destroying those who destroy a couple trees or animals. What makes you any better than them in this senseless slaughter?

Khaira

First Post
Khaira looks at the series of replies to one another, and smiles in reminscience of memories of watching the sunrise in lush walls of green, and quickly pens a reply.

"Many mysteries await those who would open their eyes to the magics alive in the rolling walls of green. Many a sunrise, many a sunset have I viewed. It is a beautiful, mystical time.
Gladly shall I join your small group to thwart the efforts of those who would take this precious commodity from us."

F

FaDril_Olplyn

Friends,

Thanks to those who join and support us. To those against us. We are birthed from the same trees and animals around us. The magic we use to survive is alive in the hills as we see. The power of healing itself is alive in the trees and the animals. I intend to keep that power alive, by keeping those it dwells in alive.

L

Lady_Astrianna

Zeren said:
To all you murderers,

Or at least that's what these notes make you out to be...destroying those who destroy a couple trees or animals. What makes you any better than them in this senseless slaughter?

Quickly, she pens a reply, her facial expression tensing at the term this anonymous entity has placed upon them.

"There is nothing more foolish than the fool who acts without truly knowing, good sir.
Mind you me, I have nothing against those who take from the forest out of necessity or for survival...as long as it is done sparingly.
It is those whom have been warned, who take from the forest without care for its beauty nor life, and who bring destructive fire to its simple beauty. It is those who hunt the denizens of the forest for their own pride and plesure rather than simply survival.
We come from the Ancient Ones. We walk the Old Path. The forest and all of its denizens are my children.
It is retributon upon those who take somethign so very precious from us. We are protecting that which matters most.
And tell me, sir, if you had children, and they were slain, and their heads pinned upon a wall...what would you do?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases